No announcement yet.

Growling at the Badger: BYU v. Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy fun game. I expected that last kick to be blocked but I’ll take wide left. Tanner’s stats were horrible but he managed the game well enough to win. Plus, he rarely had time to throw from the pocket. Squally killed it today and I’m glad his mom got to see this game.

It’s fun to be a BYU fan again! Too bad BitF got off the wagon and picked a crappy favorite team.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      I remembered a game that was as hot as this one. @Nebraska 2015. I guess I need to attend more sweltering road games.
      Yep that game was ridiculously hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

It wasn't even a lucky win. We played toe to toe and deserved every bit of that win
        Absolutely. Not fluky, not a game with a bunch of turnovers.

I would have said they are a good matchup for BYU but uhhh I was at the BYU-Wisconsin game last year and it was not a good matchup.

Coaching makes such a big difference at the college level and I think BYU outcoached Wisconsin and the players/personnel were good enough.

Comment

• nice win... that was fun... felt really good ... to have a nice 4th.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Amazing game plan by Grimes. Exploit the edges repeatedly and when they make adjustments, pound it up the middle.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Amazing game plan by Grimes. Exploit the edges repeatedly and when they make adjustments, pound it up the middle.
              Yep and I think we saw that when the offense can just move the ball a little bit that really helps the defense. Last year with the offense doing very little it was too much stress on the D.

My vote is for Squally to take next week off.

Comment

• Wow! Great game. Thank you BYU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Crazy fun game. Too bad BitF got off the wagon and picked a crappy favorite team.
                  Truth. To both.

It’s irrelevant, but I’ve been a fan of that crappy program for at least 15 years.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Squally has run with more swagger and intensity this year. It's nice to see. He's an easy player to root for.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Squally has run with more swagger and intensity this year. It's nice to see. He's an easy player to root for.
                      The OL inspires more confidence, and creates better gaps, than it did last year.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Great win. They felt good.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          Uhh why do we have players diving on the punt on the 5 yard line?
                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          What an idiot. In between 5 red shirts
                          The ball had already touched a Wisconsin player before he jumped on it. I think he was looking to pick it up and run with it, but couldn't get to it.
                          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          I'm here. Very tired. Took a redeye through Atlanta after officiating last night. This is one of the hottest games I have ever been at. I am glad I'm here.
                          Where were your seats?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            The ball had already touched a Wisconsin player before he jumped on it. I think he was looking to pick it up and run with it, but couldn't get to it.Where were your seats?
                            East stands (byu sideline) row 25 about the 20 yard line (section V). I was very jealous of the west stands in the shade during the second half.

Comment

East stands (byu sideline) row 25 about the 20 yard line (section V). I was very jealous of the west stands in the shade during the second half.
                              Ha! That's where I was sitting last game up there, but wanted more sun because it was cold!

Comment

Very cool that you got to attend today. What a great memory that will be. Happy for you.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X