Online mission calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Some of you folks may not remember this, but the Mormon church maintained a placeholder photo of Jesus for something like eight years before they finally decided they needed to make a website.

They wanted to be absolutely sure the Internet was more than a fad before they went all in.

My high school had a website for years before the Mormon church decided to build a website.

Inspired leadership—at my high school.
    Some of us folks might not care.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

oklahomacoug is funny. wish he'd post more.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Some of you folks may not remember this, but the Mormon church maintained a placeholder photo of Jesus for something like eight years before they finally decided they needed to make a website.

They wanted to be absolutely sure the Internet was more than a fad before they went all in.

My high school had a website for years before the Mormon church decided to build a website.

Inspired leadership—at my high school.
        I’m not sure that having a website is necessary to feed the poor and administer to the sick.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I've had a cell phone since 1995.

I was a BYU fan back when we used to pound the snot out of Utah every year, and we won the national championship and stuff.

We had a home computer back in 1979, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Omg. That’s it. I am out.

Time for a podcast.
            My point is that any development at all is a really freaking big deal when the Church set the bar so low.

Online mission calls in 2018 = wow!

Comment

My point is that any development at all is a really freaking big deal when the Church set the bar so low.

Haha. You and funk try waaaaaaaaaaay too hard.

It is going to be a very nice change for future missionaries. And leaders.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Your point on this board has long since been swallowed by the caricature into which you have turned yourself.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Haha. You and funk try waaaaaaaaaaay too hard.

It is going to be a very nice change for future missionaries. And leaders.
                  You have a very low sense of humor.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    I've had a cell phone since 1995.

I was a BYU fan back when we used to pound the snot out of Utah every year, and we won the national championship and stuff.

We had a home computer back in 1979, so...
                    I too had a personal home computer in 1978... It was a golden watch and when you depressed the upper right hand button glowing red numbers would tell you the time. It was really something for 1978.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      You have a very low sense of humor.
                      Nice try.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                        I too had a personal home computer in 1978... It was a golden watch and when you depressed the upper right hand button glowing red numbers would tell you the time. It was really something for 1978.
                        napoleon.jpg

Comment

What are some new developments in 2018 that the Mormon Church makes people excited about?

Besides online mission calls and the first Asian-American in the Q of the 12.

Comment

What are some new developments in 2018 that the Mormon Church makes people excited about?

Besides online mission calls and the first Asian-American in the Q of the 12.
                            We are dropping the BSA!

:Willy:

Comment

We are dropping the BSA!

:Willy:
                              I posted this before it actually happened.

And everyone called me a liar (or misinformed).

Comment

I posted this before it actually happened.

And everyone called me a liar (or misinformed).
                                some people call you liar, mean, stupid, asshole, dickhead, chode,etc. others of us call you a prophet.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X