Online mission calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    I wait to see Sooner and/or MPFunk try to dismiss this revelation as uninspired. By their fruits, and all that.
    It is inspired by God Himself in an effort to further his work and glory, even bringing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to all in this world and ensuring that all are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, John Dehlin, is furious because he will be limited in his leading of the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints away.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      It is inspired by God Himself in an effort to further his work and glory, even bringing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to all in this world and ensuring that all are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, John Dehlin, is furious because he will be limited in his leading of the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints away.
      Hittin' the ol' craft brews a little early today?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        Has anyone heard about any full time Elder or Sister, of the young and single variety, coming for any reason other than worthiness being transitioned to a Church Service Mission? What I got out of some quick comments from my SP at a Stake PEC is the Church is planning to transition missionaries who return early from "teaching missions" to "service missions." I thought I heard him say that the Church was setting up another committee to facilitate this change.
        Years ago, one of my good friends had some health issues and was switched from a European proselyting mission to a Nauvoo service mission. Basically he drove their tractors around the farm taking care of things there and helped with the pageant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          This a big deal:

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...6cdd41e0c.html

Mission calls going to be issued electronically by the end of the year. Great idea. So many problems with the traditional mail method.
          I fully expect my son to receive his call via text.

Yo LDr -
          U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
          B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
          HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
          TTYL,
          Prez

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post

Yo LDr -
            U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
            B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
            HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
            TTYL,
            Prez
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Yo LDr -
              U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
              B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
              HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
              TTYL,
              Prez

Well done.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Hittin' the ol' craft brews a little early today?
                Funk is on his own mission to embody every possible ex-mo stereotype and behavior. He is on a roll!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Yo LDr -
                  U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
                  B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
                  HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
                  TTYL,
                  Prez
                  LOL... someone needs to make this suggestion this to the higher ups.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yo LDr -
                    U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
                    B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
                    HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
                    TTYL,
                    Prez
                    POTD.

well done

Comment

Yo LDr -
                      U @ Mizzou - Indy Mish.
                      B @ Prv @ Nov 15 noon.
                      HMU 4 mor deets if u in.
                      TTYL,
                      Prez
                      You need to post more.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Funk is on his own mission to embody every possible ex-mo stereotype and behavior. He is on a roll!
                        I'd expect a comment like that from a TBM.

I'm sorry that was disrespectful, I'd expect a comment like that from a TBMOTCOJCOLDS
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          I'd expect a comment like that from a TBM.

I'm sorry that was disrespectful, I'd expect a comment like that from a TBMOTCOJCOLDS
                          TBM. Lol.

Nicely done.

Comment

Some of you folks may not remember this, but the Mormon church maintained a placeholder photo of Jesus for something like eight years before they finally decided they needed to make a website.

They wanted to be absolutely sure the Internet was more than a fad before they went all in.

My high school had a website for years before the Mormon church decided to build a website.

Inspired leadership—at my high school.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                              Some of you folks may not remember this, but the Mormon church maintained a placeholder photo of Jesus for something like eight years before they finally decided they needed to make a website.

They wanted to be absolutely sure the Internet was more than a fad before they went all in.

My high school had a website for years before the Mormon church decided to build a website.

There is a big difference between doing something because of the "wow, that's neat factor" and doing something that is incredibly useful, effective and award winning.

I dare say your high school web site still sucks, and likely hasn't even been updated since you were there.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post

Omg. That’s it. I am out.

Time for a podcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X