No announcement yet.

the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still don't think Corbin is good. His true self was on show Saturday.

Tanner is terrible. He should get one more start. If he beats Wisconsin, then he can be the starter the following week. If not I don't want to set him on the field again.

Anderson did play surprisingly well. He will be interesting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      I don't know if I think BYU is better than Cal but I think BYU is much better than last year.
      The only difference between the two teams was coaching and their secondary was much better than BYU's receivers. Magnum has played just better than average, but that's not enough when your receivers can't get separation and can't catch the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        This is true. We have zero pass rushers. Corbin was good against Arizona, terrible against Cal.

Takitaki is your best pash rusher, but he is also your best LB in coverage and against the run. He can't be everywhere.

Zayne is better than I thought.

Butch whiffed on the quarterback the last play of the game.

Troy Warner looks atrocious so far.

Keenan Ellis has played about 10 snaps and probably given up 8 receptions.

On Offense the receivers haven't stepped up. The fact that we run a very vanilla offense doesn't help. We spent a game and a half setting up that Dylan Collie play. Tanner throws a perfect ball, Collie high points it like he is supposed to and can't bring it in. That killed our momentum. Total drive killer. Also the Beau Hoge runs, and 3 Simon drops.

I still think we are better than Cal and should have beat them pretty easily.
        Bingo!

Exactly my thoughts after Collie crapped that one. Most of the half spent to set up that play, Tannner drops it in perfectly and . . . poop. What a waste.

We should have had at least 14 points in the first half if receivers had only caught the balls thrown to them.

At little help from his receivers could have us thinking Tanner is pretty great.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I still don't think Corbin is good. His true self was on show Saturday.

Tanner is terrible. He should get one more start. If he beats Wisconsin, then he can be the starter the following week. If not I don't want to set him on the field again.

Anderson did play surprisingly well. He will be interesting to watch.
          If Tanner beats Wisconsin, then he'll guy himself a lot more than one game. Mostly because it will take a herculean effort by him (and everyone else) to beat Wisconsin.

Since Wisconsin is a no-can-win game, I think he'll get another one after he loses.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            If Tanner beats Wisconsin, then he'll guy himself a lot more than one game. Mostly because it will take a herculean effort by him (and everyone else) to beat Wisconsin.

Since Wisconsin is a no-can-win game, I think he'll get another one after he loses.
            Its not so much whether he wins or loses but how he plays. Plus, I just don't think you want a true freshman getting his first taste of college football against this wiscy team at their home. Besides, BYU is going to lose. I know might be wrong, but I'm not.
            Last edited by creekster; 09-10-2018, 02:49 PM.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Its not so much whether he wins or loses but how he plays. Plus, I just dont think you want a true freshman getting his first taste of college football against this wiscy team at their home. Besides, BYU os going to lose. I I know might be wro
              ng, but I'm not.
              Agreed, lets not sacrifice Wilson to Wisconsin.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Bwahahahahahaha....
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Bingo!

Exactly my thoughts after Collie crapped that one. Most of the half spent to set up that play, Tannner drops it in perfectly and . . . poop. What a waste.

We should have had at least 14 points in the first half if receivers had only caught the balls thrown to them.

At little help from his receivers could have us thinking Tanner is pretty great.
                  Mangum isnt playing lights out or anything but the drops on Saturday were a big deal. Apart from the big one to Collie, there were several other drops that would have resulted in first downs. I would go back and count them but I don't want to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Bwahahahahahaha....
                    I also called it a "no-can win game"! Piney is the one who first brought it up.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I went to bed at halftime. I still haven’t watched the second half. Just like last year, I likely won’t ever watch it. Thankfully the Wiscy game is on at a reasonable hour.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Mangum isnt playing lights out or anything but the drops on Saturday were a big deal. Apart from the big one to Collie, there were several other drops that would have resulted in first downs. I would go back and count them but I don't want to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Exactly. If even three quarters of those had been caught we'd all be praising Tanner's performance in an awesome statement win.

These guys aren't helping him out.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          I don't know if I think BYU is better than Cal but I think BYU is much better than last year.
                          That's not really saying much

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            I went to bed at halftime. I still haven’t watched the second half. Just like last year, I likely won’t ever watch it. Thankfully the Wiscy game is on at a reasonable hour.
                            same here, but classical 89 was broadcasting the came, so I listened to most of the second half, until I dropped off to sleep

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              It's never cool to stroll into a group of fans and rub their noses in it right during a loss. If you are a former fan of that team it makes it worse. I guess if you abandon BYU you just turn into a dick.
                              I didn’t stroll into anything, I’m not a dick, I wasn’t drunk, and I’m not sure how being a former fan makes it worse but I’ll look into it.

Look, I hadn’t posted in months, I knew nothing about the team except that Tanner was again QB, I was watching the entire game with BYU fans and was posting accordingly and I was genuinely happy to see some surprising improvements. Should I have kept the last comment on the previous post to myself? In hindsight, yes though, my INTENT was not to rub salt on the wound despite everyone’s assertion. It really was depressing to see the defense struggle yet again but I was pleasantly surprised with how much more physical they werev on the OL and the TE depth.

The referenced post, however, was me lashing out and for that I apologize. DH, you and JL should go try on an ascot or sweater vest and relax.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I didn’t stroll into anything, I’m not a dick, I wasn’t drunk, and I’m not sure how being a former fan makes it worse but I’ll look into it.

Look, I hadn’t posted in months, I knew nothing about the team except that Tanner was again QB, I was watching the entire game with BYU fans and was posting accordingly and I was genuinely happy to see some surprising improvements. Should I have kept the last comment on the previous post to myself? In hindsight, yes though, my INTENT was not to rub salt on the wound despite everyone’s assertion. It really was depressing to see the defense struggle yet again but I was pleasantly surprised with how much more physical they werev on the OL and the TE depth.

The referenced post, however, was me lashing out and for that I apologize. DH, you and JL should go try on an ascot or sweater vest and relax.
                                jl doesn’t know the first fucking thing about ascots. so don’t you look like a dweeb!
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X