the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Go find a new board, dude. It's not just JL. Nobody wants your schtick here.
    We’ll always have ‘84, DH.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• What a crappy game. Disaster of a third quarter. 91 pass efficiency isn't going to get it done. 3 yards per carry isn't going to get it done. Pissing away turnovers including getting 0 points from a redzone turnover isn't going to get it done.

Now to bounce back with a beat down in Madison.

Comment

• darn. oh well.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• where is yo he has some splaining to do for this thread title
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Does that TD allow me to post? Tough shit. I can be your punching bag though. Not sure exactly what I did really, and spare me your interpretation of intent. Afterall, I’ve had JL telling me to go away for a decade so short of a banishment, I don’t see myself taking my ball and going home anytime soon.

All things must come to an end though.
            Tough personality.

Comment

• BYU was out coached and outplayed. Cal stacked the box and let their superior athletes at corner and safety control the game. Mangum is who he is—a gunslinger. That last drive was brilliant. Too bad it was preceded by two bad decisions when he was pressing trying to make something happen after spending the game up to that point dinking and dunking to the flats, or completing screen play after screen play. Outside of the tight ends, he has no one to throw to—the receivers are just not good enough.

Put in Wilson, Critchlow, or any QB past or present and you end up with the same result. BYU is a five win team, who just might get enough breaks to fall their way and win six.

Comment

• BYU needs a new quarterback. Mangum is terrible.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• I'll disagree with your point on the QB a little bit. If you have a QB who is accurate more often than not, you won't have a supporting cast playing with puckered asses. Only 33% of his passes are good enough for FBS football.

Comment

• Most of us thought we had a chance to be 1-1 after two games. Az is way worse than we thought and Cal is a little better than what we thought. We are still 1-1. The team is better than last year but just not vastly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      Does that TD allow me to post? Tough shit. I can be your punching bag though. Not sure exactly what I did really, and spare me your interpretation of intent. Afterall, I’ve had JL telling me to go away for a decade so short of a banishment, I don’t see myself taking my ball and going home anytime soon.

All things must come to an end though.
                      It's never cool to stroll into a group of fans and rub their noses in it right during a loss. If you are a former fan of that team it makes it worse. I guess if you abandon BYU you just turn into a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        And......... we suck so bad again.
                        Yip.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          BYU needs a new quarterback. Mangum is terrible.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I didn’t see all of the game. There were some missed opportunities for BYU. But Cal really played good defense. That Weaver kid had a great game. He broke up at least two first down plays.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• I've been thinking this morning about the last decade (almost) of BYU offenses. Since Max Hall, Riley Nelson was the most prolific passer at BYU. Taysom was a better all around QB, but he did most of his damage with his legs. Riley Nelson guys. Teams that recruit worse than BYU have produced more. What is the cultural problem?

Comment

• Problems (not necessarily all-inclusive):

Line couldn't consistently open running lanes or protect Tanner.

Tanner was not always accurate.

Underthrown ball turns into interception.

Ball thrown into traffic results in pick; no points from turnover recovered in red zone.

Receivers dropped catchable balls.

Defense couldn't contain their running QB, particularly in the second half.

Blown coverages allowing wide open touchdown receptions.

The good:

Forced fumble recovered for TD.

Interception.

Only offensive touchdown drive.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X