the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    jl doesn’t know the first fucking thing about ascots. so don’t you look like a dweeb!
    I have something in common with jl!
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      ...Tanner is terrible. He should get one more start. If he beats Wisconsin, then he can be the starter the following week...

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      ...Since Wisconsin is a no-can-win game, I think he'll get another one after he loses.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      ...Besides, BYU is going to lose. I know might be wrong, but I'm not...

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Bwahahahahahaha....

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I also called it a "no-can win game"! Piney is the one who first brought it up.
      :slap:

Glad ya'll were so SO wrong.

Gotta admit - I didn't expect a win necessarily either. But I wasn't falling over myself making sure everyone knew I knew they were going to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

:slap:

Gotta admit - I didn't expect a win necessarily either. But I wasn't falling over myself making sure everyone knew I knew they were going to lose.
        I am glad I was wrong, too.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Haha. Me too!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am not so sure I was wrong. Tanner still looked terrible and is game manager. But he has earned to right to start against mcneese state.

Comment

I am not so sure I was wrong. Tanner still looked terrible and is game manager. But he has earned to right to start against mcneese state.
              nitpicking, but i'd say his teammates and coaches earned him that right (hard to bench any starter after a top 10 win on the road) and he didn't eff it up.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                nitpicking, but i'd say his teammates and coaches earned him that right (hard to bench any starter after a top 10 win on the road) and he didn't eff it up.
                If Riley Nelson had met that standard in 2012 at ND, I would have stopped complaining about him playing for the rest of the season. But he didnt manage anything and couldn't hit a wide open receiver to win the game when he had the chance.

Tanner isnt Jim McMahon or even John Beck. But not screwing up is harder than it sounds, especially against Wisconsin. BYU has 2 turnovers through 3 games. That is unheard of for a BYU offense and I will give Tanner some of the credit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought he made some really nice throws against Wisconsin.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    He really tried to at the end. A couple of those throws were very similar to the Cal game, he just got lucky that it was single coverage instead of double.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I thought he made some really nice throws against Wisconsin.
                      in the first half, he did ok. 2nd half was suspect. He ended up 12 of 22 for 89 yards, but at least there were no picks.

Comment

• One thing that seems to be missing in the Tanner evaluation is his decision making on where to go with the ball in the running game. From what the coaches and players have said, it sounds like Tanner is reading the defense and has the option to hand the ball off to the jet sweep or the tailback. Seems like he did pretty well at that against Wisconsin.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          One thing that seems to be missing in the Tanner evaluation is his decision making on where to go with the ball in the running game. From what the coaches and players have said, it sounds like Tanner is reading the defense and has the option to hand the ball off to the jet sweep or the tailback. Seems like he did pretty well at that against Wisconsin.
                          it's been mentioned a lot on CB. deserves credit for it. though i thought Grimes said most of them were not reads, while some were.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            If Riley Nelson had met that standard in 2012 at ND, I would have stopped complaining about him playing for the rest of the season. But he didnt manage anything and couldn't hit a wide open receiver to win the game when he had the chance.

Tanner isnt Jim McMahon or even John Beck. But not screwing up is harder than it sounds, especially against Wisconsin. BYU has 2 turnovers through 3 games. That is unheard of for a BYU offense and I will give Tanner some of the credit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            seems he is doing what they are asking him to do for the most part. if they need more than that, like against Cal - there could be problems.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

in the first half, he did ok. 2nd half was suspect. He ended up 12 of 22 for 89 yards, but at least there were no picks.
                              The coaches selected him as the game MVP. I thought he did fine.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                The coaches selected him as the game MVP. I thought he did fine.
                                Should have been Canada or the O-line for the run blocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X