the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

This is where we talk about the 1-0 BYU Cougars game against the 1-0 University of California, Berkeley Golden Bears in Provo, Utah on September 8, 2018 at 8:15 pm MDT. I think we win.

high risk title, but you’ve got to be most afraid of the guy with nothing to lose
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      This is where we talk about the 1-0 BYU Cougars game against the 1-0 University of California, Berkeley Golden Bears in Provo, Utah on September 8, 2018 at 8:15 pm MDT. I think we win.
      That's as close as you can get to asking for Funk's participation in the thread without coming right out and asking for his participation.

Comment

This not bud's for you, YO.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Lots of tix still available from BYU and over 1,300 currently on StubHub. I hope the locals decide to come out this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            Lots of tix still available from BYU and over 1,300 currently on StubHub. I hope the locals decide to come out this Saturday.
            I'm not local, but I'll be there. Driving 9 hours each way for the honor.

Comment

I was unaware while fast-watching the Cal vs UNC game on Saturday that UNC was short a bunch of players. Both teams struggled offensively for much of the first half. I thought Cal's defensive front looked pretty good, especially with tipping passes at the line of scrimmage - an area where I felt Tanner struggled last season. Wilcox, Cal's head coach, said that they may continue to rotate between the three QB's who played against UNC. Not sure what to expect from them this week.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

We are going beat Cal
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  I was unaware while fast-watching the Cal vs UNC game on Saturday that UNC was short a bunch of players. Both teams struggled offensively for much of the first half. I thought Cal's defensive front looked pretty good, especially with tipping passes at the line of scrimmage - an area where I felt Tanner struggled last season. Wilcox, Cal's head coach, said that they may continue to rotate between the three QB's who played against UNC. Not sure what to expect from them this week.
                  Also, OLB Cameron Goode who had the pick 6 appears to be out this Saturday.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/boneyfuller/stat...68984162574337

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Gameday!

Go Cougars!
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I always get tickets with my brother, and we sit in the faculty seating in the East Stands. We used to sit all the way at the top on the 50 yard line. That way we could stand with our backs against the wall, and it wasn't a bad seat. The last several years, we've found we could get a lot closer to the field if we sat closer to the 35 yard line. This year we're six rows above concourse between the south 30 & 35 yard lines. Come on by and say hi. I'll be on crutches today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          I always get tickets with my brother, and we sit in the faculty seating in the East Stands. We used to sit all the way at the top on the 50 yard line. That way we could stand with our backs against the wall, and it wasn't a bad seat. The last several years, we've found we could get a lot closer to the field if we sat closer to the 35 yard line. This year we're six rows above concourse between the south 30 & 35 yard lines. Come on by and say hi. I'll be on crutches today.
                          That is right about where we are.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Byron Marchant will be in da house. West stands, 45-yard line.

Comment

Don't tune in to the Arizona Houston game if you want to continue to feel good about BYU's win last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X