2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
    The two defenses were no shows. Any informed fan that watched the game would know that the two turnovers by OU’s QB decided the game. These were not forced turnovers. If you doubt me, watch how far KM falls in the Heisman watch Monday.
    With Kyler Murray (and most QBs) you have to take the good with the bad. He will make mistakes but he will also keep OU in every game. And the scales will tip overwhelming in favor of Kyler making plays and leading the Sooners to victory. If OU wins the Big 12 and makes it again to the playoffs, the Sooners will have Kyler Murray to thank. I've been watching Kyler Murray play since his Sophomore year in High School and back then he made similar mistakes and then would lead his team to victory. However, in High School at least, he had a defense capable of making stops with two minutes left in the game.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      Maybe he will be as good as Taysom Hill some day But I digress, he wasn't as good as Taysom as a junior in high school when I was drinking the Kyler Murray Kool-Aid while getting frustrated with Taysom's passing accuracy.
      Unlike KM, Taysom Hill destroyed Texas. Twice! And looked superhuman in the processes
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Unlike KM, Taysom Hill destroyed Texas. Twice! And looked superhuman in the processes
        I also remember Taysom Hill beating Nebraska so those victories over Texas, well....

Had the Sooner defense showed up, the same could have been said about Kyler Murray destroying UT and looking superhuman. The books not yet closed on Kyler Murray versus Texas. He will have at least one more opportunity, possibly more.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

I also remember Taysom Hill beating Nebraska so those victories over Texas, well....

Had the Sooner defense showed up, the same could have been said about Kyler Murray destroying UT and looking superhuman. The books not yet closed on Kyler Murray versus Texas. He will have at least one more opportunity, possibly more.
          Dude, please dont make it hard for me to root for the kid.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

However, in High School at least, he had a defense capable of making stops with two minutes left in the game.
            I’m not sure we watched the same game. Oklahoma’s D stopped Texas three times in the fourth Q alone. Texas only forced two punts the entire game. It was Kyler’s turnovers that made the difference.

Comment

• Leave it to Paperback Writer to drudge up the Murray-Hill debate on a day when Murray turns the ball over multiple times and blows a game his heavily-favored team was supposed to win. Meanwhile, Hill is taking snaps at QB on Sunday.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I’m not sure we watched the same game. Oklahoma’s D stopped Texas three times in the fourth Q alone. Texas only forced two punts the entire game. It was Kyler’s turnovers that made the difference.
                But OU's D didn't stop UT on their game winning final drive. Kyler Murray gave up 10 points on turnovers yet rallied the Sooners with three TDs in the fourth quarter to tie the game. Maybe Kyler's two turnovers were the difference but, IMO, his 5 TDs more than make up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Leave it to Paperback Writer to drudge up the Murray-Hill debate on a day when Murray turns the ball over multiple times and blows a game his heavily-favored team was supposed to win. Meanwhile, Hill is taking snaps at QB on Sunday.
                  I thought it ironic that JL would mention: "Kyler Murray is unreal. He is a freak of nature." after chastising me for comparing him to Hill.

Comment

Kyler Murray gave up 10 points on turnovers yet rallied the Sooners with three TDs in the fourth quarter to tie the game. Maybe Kyler's two turnovers were the difference but, IMO, his 5 TDs more than make up for it.
                    I suppose that would be an improvement for a Husker fan.

Comment

I thought it ironic that JL would mention: "Kyler Murray is unreal. He is a freak of nature." after chastising me for comparing him to Hill.
                      That makes zero sense.

Comment

I suppose that would be an improvement for a Husker fan.
                        That would be an immense improvement. It has been a few years since Nebraska has had a Heisman winner at QB.

Comment

• I hate Utah so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            I hate Utah so much.
                            ugh.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• on the bright side utah fans have to listen to rod gilmore continue to be the dumbest person in the history of the world
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• People want to know why BYU is in the shitter...look at the Utah roster. Loaded with BYU families.

Comment

Working...
                                X