2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    I never said it was a bad day, just not as impressive and I believe Hawkins and the Buckeyes would have done just as well if not better. But this was more about the Heisman conversation we discussed a while ago and Murray’s numbers. I felt his numbers were inflated by the level of defenses he faced and this game proved my point.
    Are you drunk?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Are you drunk?
      Are you high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you high?
        I am not making ridiculous arguments.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I am not making ridiculous arguments.
          It is not ridiculous to point out his numbers dropped and his QBR which everyone touted dropped substantially when he faced an actual defense.

He went 19/37 and his AVG dropped from 11.2 to 8.2 as well. While Tua was near perfect at 24/27 with an AVG of 11.8.

Comment

It is not ridiculous to point out his numbers dropped and his QBR which everyone touted dropped substantially when he faced an actual defense.

He went 19/37 and his AVG dropped from 11.2 to 8.2 as well. While Tua was near perfect at 24/27 with an AVG of 11.8.

Looks like Murray’s QBR was better against Alabama than Haskins was against Purdue
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Are you drunk?
              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Are you high?

Excellent questions!
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Excellent questions!
                I disagree. I don’t think they were genuine inquiries and were used to insult the poster for their viewpoint rather than directly engage with their ideas. It lowers the discourse on the board and makes it more difficult to discuss controversial ideas. Very disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I disagree. I don’t think they were genuine inquiries and were used to insult the poster for their viewpoint rather than directly engage with their ideas. It lowers the discourse on the board and makes it more difficult to discuss controversial ideas. Very disappointing.
                  Au contraire. Look at the times they both posted; past 1 am on New Years Day. Both were likely up partying to bring in the new year. My concern was, and still is, their state of being and whether or not they took to the roads in possibly altered states. So even if they were lowering the discourse here, the questions were still good and timely. You may not care about drunk driving, but I do!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

In other words, Murray's numbers dropped while facing a top 10 defense while Tua's increased while facing a #108 ranked defense. Got it.

I watch a lot of Big 10 football like you do, and I'm not buying that the Buckeyes played against tough defenses every week while the Sooners played against porous defenses. So I ran the numbers:
                    average defensive ranking of opponents:
                    Ohio St: 63.5; Oklahoma: 70.5
                    average number of yards given up by opposing defenses:
                    Ohio St: 391.7; Oklahoma: 399.2

Ohio St. faced 6 defenses ranked above average and 7 below while Oklahoma faced 3 above average defenses and 10 below.
                    Breakdown by quadrant:
                    OSU | OU
                    I: 3 | 2
                    II: 3 | 1
                    III: 5 | 7
                    IV: 2 | 3

So on average Ohio St. did face better defenses every week but not to the degree you seem to imply. And in my view, does not account for the differences in offensive production between Haskins and Murray.
                    Last edited by Paperback Writer; 01-01-2019, 08:58 AM.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Yum! Peaches!
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Hey dopey kwhitt, were you not present during the first quarter of the 2015 Las Vegas Bowl?
                        Dear Kyle,

It hurts, doesn't it? You came out strong. You dominated the first half. You proved you were the better team. And then, sometime in the 3rd quarter, things fell apart. BS calls. An interception. A WTF fumble. The wheels continued to come off. You had a huge, even insurmountable, lead, but surmount it your unworthy opponents did, and they walked off the field the victors.

We've been there. We know the pain. The bewildering "What the hell just happened?" And then, whether it happened on November 24 or December 31, you sack up and get ready for your next game.

See you in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                          Dear Kyle,

It hurts, doesn't it? You came out strong. You dominated the first half. You proved you were the better team. And then, sometime in the 3rd quarter, things fell apart. BS calls. An interception. A WTF fumble. The wheels continued to come off. You had a huge, even insurmountable, lead, but surmount it your unworthy opponents did, and they walked off the field the victors.

We've been there. We know the pain. The bewildering "What the hell just happened?" And then, whether it happened on November 24 or December 31, you sack up and get ready for your next game.

See you in August.
                          You forgot ‘ESAD’.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Au contraire. Look at the times they both posted; past 1 am on New Years Day. Both were likely up partying to bring in the new year. My concern was, and still is, their state of being and whether or not they took to the roads in possibly altered states. So even if they were lowering the discourse here, the questions were still good and timely. You may not care about drunk driving, but I do!
                            The only thing I was drinking last night was a tall glass of metamucil.

But I lied about not being high. I am high on life.

Comment

Storm the beaches?
                              Sit on the bench!

Comment

The only thing I was drinking last night was a tall glass of metamucil.
                                I hope everything came out okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X