2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    These Clemson receivers are pretty incredible. Ross and his crazy catches and then Higgins on the TD. Not to mention that Lawrence and Ross are freshmen.
    Seriously Ross looked like OBJ out there.

Comment

• OK, that was fun.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think BYU handles these guys. Dumb playoff format.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• 2018 College Football Thread

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          My son served his mission in Alabama. When he was out there, he said that the Alabama fans were so obnoxious that he kind of had to root for Auburn when they played each other.

Since he got home - and there are fewer Bama fans in Utah - he's evolved into a full-blown Alabama fan. Doesn't help that his wife also served in Alabama - so they support each other in their fandom. The only good part of this is that he isn't way into sports - so he isn't obnoxious in his fandom.

Anyway - with that disclosure in mind - my hate for Bama has softened. But I'm also OK with them losing.
          I know what your son means. Having served in Bama and dealt with the same obnoxious/irrational fans I could not root for them either. Still cannot..

Here is an example of a delusional Bama fan who posted tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by dabrockster; 01-08-2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            I know what your son means. Having served in Bama and dealt with the same obnoxious/irrational fans I could not root for them either. Still cannot..

phew those redactions really saved that guys privacy
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

Inflated view of his team? Making excuses? Unwilling to accept defeat?

Hmm... that looks awfully familiar.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                phew those redactions really saved that guys privacy

"A friend of mine - let's call him Benjamin A.; no, that's too obvious... B. Allen - is a huge Alabama fan..."
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

"A friend of mine - let's call him Benjamin A.; no, that's too obvious... B. Allen - is a huge Alabama fan..."
                  "Pride. It's contagious. And let's just say that someone on our board has a fever."
                  Last edited by LVAllen; 01-07-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Well shit.. oh well.

Comment

• The way the game started, with Clemson having a 3 and out and then Bama rolling up rushing yards, I thought it was going to be a lopsided win for the Crimson Tide. The pick-6 was cool, but I thought it would be too little.

That first quarter was really fun football to watch - back and forth with big plays and on the scoreboard. Clemson pulling away the rest of the game was great because everyone hates Bama.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        The way the game started, with Clemson having a 3 and out and then Bama rolling up rushing yards, I thought it was going to be a lopsided win for the Crimson Tide. The pick-6 was cool, but I thought it would be too little.

That first quarter was really fun football to watch - back and forth with big plays and on the scoreboard. Clemson pulling away the rest of the game was great because everyone hates Bama.
                        Lawrence hasn't been great this year. he's been good for a true frosh, but for much of the year he was more of a game manager who allowed the run game to lead them to wins. i think it was the first pass he threw once they got the ball back after bama's TD, he sailed it over one of their tall receivers heads from about 10 yards away - just a terrible pass and i thought the moment would be too big for him. it was at that point i thought it would be a blow out for bama. but clemson made those red zone stops, lawrence settled in and gained confidence and here we are.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Lawrence hasn't been great this year. he's been good for a true frosh, but for much of the year he was more of a game manager who allowed the run game to lead them to wins. i think it was the first pass he threw once they got the ball back after bama's TD, he sailed it over one of their tall receivers heads from about 10 yards away - just a terrible pass and i thought the moment would be too big for him. it was at that point i thought it would be a blow out for bama. but clemson made those red zone stops, lawrence settled in and gained confidence and here we are.
                          Those receivers were amazing for clemson. That one handed grab

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            Those receivers were amazing for clemson. That one handed grab
                            ross was ridiculous.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• A couple of wrap-up thoughts about last night's game experience... Over the years, I've moved increasingly toward staying at home in favor of the live experience, usually enjoying better views, far greater convenience, cheaper, etc. But last night was a great reminder of why "being there" has some considerable advantages. Not even caring that much about the game itself, I was caught up in the tremendous electricity generated by both fan bases--the enthusiasm was palpable I felt lucky to be there. I need to get out more...

Both fan bases were great and the atmosphere was awesome, even after the game, although Bama fans were understandably far more subdued, but still good-natured. I was walking ahead of a couple of Tide fans and heard one of them say, "Dayum, if I wanted to get abused like that I woulda stayed home with muh wife!" But even they were laughing about the experience.

The fears about Levi's Stadium being a lousy place to host the NC proved unfounded, I think. They're reporting only a couple hundred unsold seats, with maybe a few hundred no shows. The weather was about perfect (lucky timing) and the field looked great. Now if only the Niners can get good again that'll be a pretty nice stadium to visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Spicoli is doing pretty good as QB.

(Has that joke been done before? I feel like it should have been done before)
                                I have a cousin who is a "lifelong" Bama fan. I called him out on it last year on Facebook, and he said, "I'm from there." To my knowledge, he had only lived in two Western states his entire life. His mom came to his defense, explaining that he lived in Alabama from birth to six months while his dad was working on a project in Mobile. I stand corrected.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X