No announcement yet.

2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying the system sucks and has always sucked.

Comment

• I love the Buckeyes so much.

Comment

• Georgia and Oklahoma are just better teams than tOSU. tOSU against Washington in the rose bowl will be fun though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
          I love the Buckeyes so much.
          Of course you do. Great Offense. Shitty Defense..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Of course you do. Great Offense. Shitty Defense.
            Offense isn’t that good, either, tbh. Only question left is whether anyone can beat Clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              I'm saying the system sucks and has always sucked.
              There is always the NCAA basketball model where they take 68 teams into the tourney. But the results are still the same despite having more than double the number of teams than FSB football (351 vs 130). In basketball since 1960, there have been 24 NCAA champions with 13 winning multiple titles. Very similar to football. The idea that any team can win a championship in football or basketball in a given year is a myth. It's the same 25 or so teams that have a realistic chance of winning with not much movement from year-to-year.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Offense isn’t that good, either, tbh. Only question left is whether anyone can beat Clemson.
                So the toughest team is the team from the weakest conference being represented? I'm not buying it. Clemson hasn't defeated anyone of significance.
                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Whatever you are smoking put it down!!

Total Offense:
                  1. Oklahoma
                  2. Ohio St

Ohio St.’s Defense is Jekyll and Hyde, where Oklahoma is just Hyde...

Total Defense:
                  67. Ohio St.
                  111. Oklahoma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                    There is always the NCAA basketball model where they take 68 teams into the tourney. But the results are still the same despite having more than double the number of teams than FSB football (351 vs 130). In basketball since 1960, there have been 24 NCAA champions with 13 winning multiple titles. Very similar to football. The idea that any team can win a championship in football or basketball in a given year is a myth. It's the same 25 or so teams that have a realistic chance of winning with not much movement from year-to-year.
                    I already said most are systematically eliminated before the season starts. The system sucks.

Comment

• So... Gary Anderson back to USU is apparently going to be a thing.

Comment

• Alabama
                        Clemson
                        ND
                        Oklahoma

Excellent. No Urban.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Alabama
                          Clemson
                          ND
                          Oklahoma

Excellent. No Urban.
                          That's a great playoff.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• USU has a fantastic season and scores the New Mexico Bowl against North Texas.

Comment

• Utah gets Northwestern in the Holiday Bowl. Uggh.

They will destroy Northwestern.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                USU has a fantastic season and scores the New Mexico Bowl against North Texas.
                                That’s about what we deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X