2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    The Scott Frost era is starting nicely I see.
    Troy? Holy crap. They lost to Troy?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      The Scott Frost era is starting nicely I see.
      Ha! The sooner they wake up and realize they are a moderately good program the better. It cracks me up that programs like Nebraska think they can throw a bunch of money at coaches and become a top 10 program.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Nebraska doesn't have a QB. They're playing a walk-on because the starter got hurt right before their first game and when Frost announced him as the starter the other dudes transferred.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Ha! The sooner they wake up and realize they are a moderately good program the better. It cracks me up that programs like Nebraska think they can throw a bunch of money at coaches and become a top 10 program.
          Maybe Nebraska's days of national relevance are over. I recognize Nebraska has been on hiatus for some time (17 years but who's counting). However, I heard the same commentary back in 1990 after Nebraska was crushed by OU and Georgia Tech to finish that season. I do think Scott Frost is the right coach to bring Nebraska back and he needs time to get his players in place and run his system. It would help to have a scholarship QB under center but I agree that the loss to Troy at home does not bode well.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
            Maybe Nebraska's days of national relevance are over. I recognize Nebraska has been on hiatus for some time (17 years but who's counting). However, I heard the same commentary back in 1990 after Nebraska was crushed by OU and Georgia Tech to finish that season. I do think Scott Frost is the right coach to bring Nebraska back and he needs time to get his players in place and run his system. It would help to have a scholarship QB under center but I agree that the loss to Troy at home does not bode well.
            Nah. It's a rough start, but Nebraska will be back.

It'll be harder for them to be relevant in the B1G than the XII, though.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Lol @ PAC-12
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                Lol @ PAC-12
                See also big ten (Troy???) and SEC (North Texas?!?).

Comment

Kyle was a dumb dumb. Pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Nebraska doesn't have a QB. They're playing a walk-on because the starter got hurt right before their first game and when Frost announced him as the starter the other dudes transferred.
                    This is what is going on. Hard to rebuild with a walk on under center. Martinez will be back soon but they will need to protect him better. The Martinez injury also reconfirmed what all husker fans know: the Buffs are trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Kyle was a dumb dumb. Pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered.
                      Also, Benedict Covey might be dead.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Ha. We call him Judas Covey in our house.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Serious question: does anyone get more targeting penalties than Whittingham's defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            he dead
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

LOL at the last series by Utah. Today has been a great day!
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

covey is getting his ass beat
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X