Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2018 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I never said it was a bad day, just not as impressive and I believe Hawkins and the Buckeyes would have done just as well if not better. But this was more about the Heisman conversation we discussed a while ago and Murray’s numbers. I felt his numbers were inflated by the level of defenses he faced and this game proved my point.
    Are you drunk?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Are you drunk?
    Are you high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you high?
    I am not making ridiculous arguments.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I am not making ridiculous arguments.
    It is not ridiculous to point out his numbers dropped and his QBR which everyone touted dropped substantially when he faced an actual defense.

He went 19/37 and his AVG dropped from 11.2 to 8.2 as well. While Tua was near perfect at 24/27 with an AVG of 11.8.

It is not ridiculous to point out his numbers dropped and his QBR which everyone touted dropped substantially when he faced an actual defense.

He went 19/37 and his AVG dropped from 11.2 to 8.2 as well. While Tua was near perfect at 24/27 with an AVG of 11.8.

Looks like Murray’s QBR was better against Alabama than Haskins was against Purdue
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Are you drunk?
    Are you high?

Excellent questions!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Excellent questions!
    I disagree. I don’t think they were genuine inquiries and were used to insult the poster for their viewpoint rather than directly engage with their ideas. It lowers the discourse on the board and makes it more difficult to discuss controversial ideas. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I disagree. I don’t think they were genuine inquiries and were used to insult the poster for their viewpoint rather than directly engage with their ideas. It lowers the discourse on the board and makes it more difficult to discuss controversial ideas. Very disappointing.
    Au contraire. Look at the times they both posted; past 1 am on New Years Day. Both were likely up partying to bring in the new year. My concern was, and still is, their state of being and whether or not they took to the roads in possibly altered states. So even if they were lowering the discourse here, the questions were still good and timely. You may not care about drunk driving, but I do!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

In other words, Murray's numbers dropped while facing a top 10 defense while Tua's increased while facing a #108 ranked defense. Got it.

I watch a lot of Big 10 football like you do, and I'm not buying that the Buckeyes played against tough defenses every week while the Sooners played against porous defenses. So I ran the numbers:
    average defensive ranking of opponents:
    Ohio St: 63.5; Oklahoma: 70.5
    average number of yards given up by opposing defenses:
    Ohio St: 391.7; Oklahoma: 399.2

Ohio St. faced 6 defenses ranked above average and 7 below while Oklahoma faced 3 above average defenses and 10 below.
    Breakdown by quadrant:
    OSU | OU
    I: 3 | 2
    II: 3 | 1
    III: 5 | 7
    IV: 2 | 3

So on average Ohio St. did face better defenses every week but not to the degree you seem to imply. And in my view, does not account for the differences in offensive production between Haskins and Murray.
    Last edited by Paperback Writer; 01-01-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Yum! Peaches!
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Hey dopey kwhitt, were you not present during the first quarter of the 2015 Las Vegas Bowl?
    Dear Kyle,

It hurts, doesn't it? You came out strong. You dominated the first half. You proved you were the better team. And then, sometime in the 3rd quarter, things fell apart. BS calls. An interception. A WTF fumble. The wheels continued to come off. You had a huge, even insurmountable, lead, but surmount it your unworthy opponents did, and they walked off the field the victors.

We've been there. We know the pain. The bewildering "What the hell just happened?" And then, whether it happened on November 24 or December 31, you sack up and get ready for your next game.

See you in August.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Dear Kyle,

It hurts, doesn't it? You came out strong. You dominated the first half. You proved you were the better team. And then, sometime in the 3rd quarter, things fell apart. BS calls. An interception. A WTF fumble. The wheels continued to come off. You had a huge, even insurmountable, lead, but surmount it your unworthy opponents did, and they walked off the field the victors.

We've been there. We know the pain. The bewildering "What the hell just happened?" And then, whether it happened on November 24 or December 31, you sack up and get ready for your next game.

See you in August.
    You forgot ‘ESAD’.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Au contraire. Look at the times they both posted; past 1 am on New Years Day. Both were likely up partying to bring in the new year. My concern was, and still is, their state of being and whether or not they took to the roads in possibly altered states. So even if they were lowering the discourse here, the questions were still good and timely. You may not care about drunk driving, but I do!
    The only thing I was drinking last night was a tall glass of metamucil.

But I lied about not being high. I am high on life.

Storm the beaches?
    Sit on the bench!

The only thing I was drinking last night was a tall glass of metamucil.
    I hope everything came out okay.

https://twitter.com/FauxPelini/statu...977204736?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...165128704?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Bummer. Urban wins his final game coached until his next final game coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    https://twitter.com/FauxPelini/statu...977204736?s=19

Good heavens. The one thing I can’t abide at work is a flawed analogy. It’s like that time I popped open a Cherry Coke Zero only to find a Diet Coke inside.

That felt more like a loss than a win.. The defense decided they didn’t need to play at all in the 2nd half.

Day better fire Schiano or the LB coach and make sure ILB Borland never steps on the field again. How that guy is a starter is beyond me. He is slow, small, and does not have the natural acumen to play the leader position for the defense..

That felt more like a loss than a win.. The defense decided they didn’t need to play at all in the 2nd half.
    I agree. Narrow win over a weak Washington team is pretty much a loss.

3-4: the PAC-12 is trending up!

I agree. Narrow win over a weak Washington team is pretty much a loss.
    STFU JL

STFU JL

Georgia also proving your point that the CFP got it wrong. Really handling this weak no-defense big 12 team.

ehlinger is a warrior
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    ehlinger is a warrior
    I love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Georgia also proving your point that the CFP got it wrong. Really handling this weak no-defense big 12 team.
    Hey dumbass.. It proves my further point it needs to be more than a 4-team playoff.

Game ball should go to Bevo. He set the tone.