2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Even the second coming couldn't save this joint. When did everybody get so old and cranky?
    November 2016.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Ross-Ade Stadium labeled 'Nutcracker Stadium' on Google Maps

One Purdue fan took the Boilermakers' weekend win over Ohio State as a chance to have some fun with the renaming capabilities of Google Maps Sunday night.

Ross-Ade Stadium now reads "Nutcracker Stadium" on the website, a cheeky reference to the Boilers beating the Ohio State Buckeyes 49-20.
      [...]
      https://www.purdueexponent.org/sport...9135f1cdc.html

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Even the second coming couldn't save this joint. When did everybody get so old and cranky?
        June 17, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          June 17, 2010
          I'm no expert but I suspect this belongs in the Rivalry thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            June 17, 2010
            I suspect this belongs in the Lakers thread.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I guess my son picked the right year to go to North Texas. After today’s destruction of Rice, they’re guaranteed a bowl bid. (Almost certainly at YOUR NAME HERE bowl, but it’s a start.)

Comment

I guess my son picked the right year to go to North Texas. After today’s destruction of Rice, they’re guaranteed a bowl bid. (Almost certainly at YOUR NAME HERE bowl, but it’s a start.)
                Yeah, North Texas could go to the Bahamas Bowl! That would be a party. Or maybe the Boca Raton Bowl. If BYU could only gets its offense working they might even be able to join them. At this point not very likely.
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-27-2018, 07:05 PM.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• How the hades did we lose to this team?!

Comment

How the hades did we lose to this team?!
                    It is only half time... UT will make some adjustments (I hope).
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I hate the Big 12 officials. Just cheated Texas out of a comeback by spotting Okie Lite a TD.

Comment

I hate the Big 12 officials. Just cheated Texas out of a comeback by spotting Okie Lite a TD.
                        Yeah they are almost as bad as pac12 officials.
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                          Yeah they are almost as bad as pac12 officials.
                          I said they were bad. Not incompetent!

Comment

• Spent three hours on campus. There’s a strong swirling breeze in Austin today. Should make for interesting passing and kicking game.

Comment

• Every time I turn on a Utah game the first thing I see is a targeting foul by a Ute defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                Every time I turn on a Utah game the first thing I see is a targeting foul by a Ute defender.
                                Thad because they are consistently one of the dirtiest teams in college football. They are usually top ten in personal fouls and targeting.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X