2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I have a cousin who is a "lifelong" Bama fan. I called him out on it last year on Facebook, and he said, "I'm from there." To my knowledge, he had only lived in two Western states his entire life. His mom came to his defense, explaining that he lived in Alabama from birth to six months while his dad was working on a project in Mobile. I stand corrected.
    I lived the same amount of time (birth to 6 months) in Corvallis, Oregon. Still waiting to for the Beavers to win something so I can claim them.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      I lived the same amount of time (birth to 6 months) in Corvallis, Oregon. Still waiting to for the Beavers to win something so I can claim them.
      Wtf, the beavers dominate college baseball, and don't forget when they bitch slapped Notre Dame in the fiesta bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Wtf, the beavers dominate college baseball, and don't forget when they bitch slapped Notre Dame in the fiesta bowl.
        Apologies for the slight to the Oregon St. Beavers. But in 2000, the Beavers were coached by Dennis Erickson and I couldn't get on the bandwagon after his years at Miami. I limit my college sports fandom to football and women's volleyball so was not aware of the Beaver's baseball prowess. If/when the Beavers make it to the Rose Bowl, I'll be reclaiming my birthright unless they happen to face Nebraska. Admittedly, the odds of a Beavers-Cornhuskers Rose Bowl are long.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          I have a cousin who is a "lifelong" Bama fan. I called him out on it last year on Facebook, and he said, "I'm from there." To my knowledge, he had only lived in two Western states his entire life. His mom came to his defense, explaining that he lived in Alabama from birth to six months while his dad was working on a project in Mobile. I stand corrected.
          My oldest son was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there for less than a week before we made our move to Oregon. I have been raising him as an Ohio State fan and hope he always will be. My daughter was born in Eugene, Oregon and only lived there for about 18 months. I have been raising her as an Oregon fan and hope she always will be.
          When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
            My oldest son was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there for less than a week before we made our move to Oregon. I have been raising him as an Ohio State fan and hope he always will be. My daughter was born in Eugene, Oregon and only lived there for about 18 months. I have been raising her as an Oregon fan and hope she always will be.
            Ugh, you are a bad person.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              Ugh, you are a bad person.
              I didn't even mention my two youngest sons. They were born in Salt Lake and are big Utah fans.
              When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

I didn't even mention my two youngest sons. They were born in Salt Lake and are big Utah fans.
                Talk about dysfunctional family!

Comment

Damn Brutus, pick a lane!
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

For a moment I was super proud and then you went and shizzed all over it..

Both my kids were born on day of The Michigan Game. They both waited till after the game to put my wife into labor. Oh, and we won the game that year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My oldest son was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there for less than a week before we made our move to Oregon. I have been raising him as an Ohio State fan and hope he always will be.
                      At the bowl game we met an OU fan who claimed the school as his own by virtue of the fact that he was born at a military base in Oklahoma less than a week before his family relocated pursuant to a reassignment order. He’s never returned to the state. The guy was probably 60 years old but wholly unfamiliar with the Three Dog Night song about that very scenario. How is this possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        At the bowl game we met an OU fan who claimed the school as his own by virtue of the fact that he was born at a military base in Oklahoma less than a week before his family relocated pursuant to a reassignment order. He’s never returned to the state. The guy was probably 60 years old but wholly unfamiliar with the Three Dog Night song about that very scenario. How is this possible?
                        Can I claim OU as one of my teams - I spent about 5 yrs of my youth at an OK Army base between 1960-1970 and another 6 mths while I was in the Army

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Man Hager has really let himself go since the bowl game.

DxIVyLTVYAUEBN8.jpg

Comment

• There's probably a better thread for this, but here are the total revenue numbers for some of the programs in Utah and the MWC (didn't see anything reported for Air Force) according to the Equity in Athletics website:

Utah 82,467,618
                            BYU 79,644,919
                            Colorado State 55,228,814
                            San Diego State 54,893,977
                            Fresno State 49,472,907
                            Hawaii 42,987,651
                            UNLV 41,859,319
                            Nevada 41,381,120
                            New Mexico 40,693,911
                            Wyoming 40,693,911
                            Boise State 38,060,709
                            San Jose State 35,089,263
                            Utah State 33,848,199
                            Weber State 14,901,150
                            Utah Valley 13,605,718
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                            X