2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    The second half of this UVA/VaTech game has been fun.
    Great game. UVa was way too conservative with those last 2 possessions.

I will be happy for Bronco and his staff if they win this — would cap off a great season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      UVa was way too conservative with those last 2 possessions.
      Definitely. Had they even punted yet in the second half up to that point? I thought their defense would hold, but VaTech came up with some big plays and some luck.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• True/False: Committee should ignore the fact that undefeated UCF’s star qb went out of today’s game with an unfortunate season-ending injury when it ranks playoff teams. (ESPN says true.)

Comment

• Super false. We want to see the 4 best teams in the playoff.

Seems to me like UCF should go ahead of any 2-loss team but not ahead of Washington State or OU it one of those teams wins out.

Comment

• I'm curious if there are strong opinions held by anyone here with respect to BSU/USU. Boise's a 2-3 point favorite which means a toss-up on a neutral field. USU was the much better team against BYU, of course, but so what? With apologies to RCV, I find myself in the unusual position of wanting USU to win a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I'm curious if there are strong opinions held by anyone here with respect to BSU/USU. Boise's a 2-3 point favorite which means a toss-up on a neutral field. USU was the much better team against BYU, of course, but so what? With apologies to RCV, I find myself in the unusual position of wanting USU to win a game.
              I hope they both lose.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I'm curious if there are strong opinions held by anyone here with respect to BSU/USU. Boise's a 2-3 point favorite which means a toss-up on a neutral field. USU was the much better team against BYU, of course, but so what? With apologies to RCV, I find myself in the unusual position of wanting USU to win a game.
                Go Aggies! (I guess)

Comment

I definitely want USU to win — can’t stand Boise.

Comment

• The Texas A&M vs LSU game was crazy. Aggies tie the game on the last play of regulation to make it 31-31. Then the game went to 7 OTs with A&M winning 74-72. Announcers said it was the highest scoring game in FBS history. Watched the game with a house full of Aggie fans and it was a fun time. Such a wild swing of emotion when A&M fans thought it was over when their QB threw a pick in the last minute only to have it over turned upon review when the Aggie QB was ruled down after fumbling the snap and picking up the ball while his knee was on the turf. Two plays later they spike the ball to stop the clock and the clock goes to 0:00 only to have 1 second put back on the clock upon review. Next play, they score to tie the game.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        True/False: Committee should ignore the fact that undefeated UCF’s star qb went out of today’s game with an unfortunate season-ending injury when it ranks playoff teams. (ESPN says true.)
                        mixed feelings there. like cardiac, i generally want the 4 best teams and without Milton (probably even with him) they are not that. at the same time, i think two straight undefeated seasons should be rewarded, but more importantly, in this case i think UCF getting in might do more toward getting an 8, 12 or 16 team playoff than any other scenario.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• So HFN, Utes of the Huskies in the Pac-12 title game, which are you rooting for in this one?
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            So HFN, Utes of the Huskies in the Pac-12 title game, which are you rooting for in this one?
                            Levi's Stadium is very near my office, and I commute past it regularly, so I hope that the meteorite impact HFN is praying for is limited to the field of play. Subject to the foregoing, I join in his supplications.

Comment

Levi's Stadium is very near my office, and I commute past it regularly, so I hope the meteorite impact HFN is praying for is limited to the field of play.
                              Agreed. Already booked flights to championship game.

Comment

• Least Expensive Tickets on Vivid Seats for Each Conference Title Game:

1. SEC: $279
                                2. Big 10: $66
                                3. Big 12: $58
                                4. ACC: $40
                                5. AAC: $38
                                6. MWC: $33
                                7. PAC-12: $28

https://twitter.com/WestcoastCfb/sta...72415661268993
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X