Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Updates for Texas fans (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE):

1. But for extraordinarily inept performance by a certain place kicker, the Longhorns would have proven themselves, as one frat choose to phrase it, "the fourth best team from the worst state in the world." See attached.

2. For some reason, secondary-market prices for USC/Texas tickets are much more reasonable than they were two weeks ago.

3. The athletic department has launched a new gameday experience called "Bevo Boulevard." It starts about 4-5 hours before kickoff and consists of free activities and spirit events all day long. I spent three hours there with my handicapped son and would have stayed longer if it weren't for all the burnt orange everywhere. Dreadful Color. Bevo Boulevard is a HUGE improvement over its predecessor, which basically involved 4-5 hours of pregame drinking, followed by 3-4 hours of in-game drinking, followed by two hours of , , istols:, :swear:, or .
    What's the difference you're contrasting here?

Comment

So I just found out Oklahoma-Army is only available on PPV. I'm gonna say the odds that any sports bar in Austin will pay for that game are approximately zero. Maybe I can sneak into Fort Hood?

Comment

was it PBW who used to sing the praises of Kyler Murray as a high schooler out of Texas? Youngster is looking good these days. at 5'10" made the right decision to choose baseball, but may be a legit Heisman contender this year.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          was it PBW who used to sing the praises of Kyler Murray as a high schooler out of Texas? Youngster is looking good these days. at 5'10" made the right decision to choose baseball, but may be a legit Heisman contender this year.
          TBF, his school has a legit Heisman contender every year.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            I watched Kyler Murray play for my kids' high school and knew he was legit. Took a lot of well deserved flack for comparing him to Taysom Hill while noting both had the same center (Tejan Koroma). I expected Murray to make an impact sooner but he transferred and then played behind a Heisman trophy winner.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

JL: Both teams signed top-flight talent for this year's RRR celebrity game. Wish I could be there! https://www.rrcsg.org/

Comment

JL: Both teams signed top-flight talent for this year's RRR celebrity game. Wish I could be there! https://www.rrcsg.org/
                My son has been begging me to take him to the RRR game sometime. I need to make it happen.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  My son has been begging me to take him to the RRR game sometime. I need to make it happen.
                  This is his season! Tickets are the least expensive I've seen in years.

Comment

This is his season! Tickets are the least expensive I've seen in years.
                    I am going to be in California.

I am sending him to Seattle the preceding week to hang out with his older brother and attend the BYU-Washington game. My other son lives within walking distance of the stadium.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I am going to be in California.
                      That's funny -- I have friends from California that will be here on business that week. They asked me to help find a pair of tickets to the game, and I agreed until they said they want to sit with the Longhorns.

Comment

Whoa Florida State is really bad — down 20-0 to Syracuse.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          Whoa Florida State is really bad — down 20-0 to Syracuse.
                          Does Taggart survive the season?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              Does Taggart survive the season?
                              Not a chance. The donors won’t even let him finish the season.

Puns galore in Austin today.

B889F073-6CA7-48AE-A47F-9C4C0AAD2E12.jpg

Comment

The Scott Frost era is starting nicely I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X