2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    He might as well get paid. He won’t be at TT for long. That school has the worst combination of expectations and reality that I know of.
    No kidding. I saw a quote from the AD or school president saying that they will be elite in football again. Again?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Looking more and more likely that Matt Wells will be hired at Texas Tech. good for him.

but on the TT side, it seems a tad risky. 15-23 the 3 years prior to this at USU. if i'm Texas Tech, i'd want to find somebody with a bit more sustained success. having said that, i hope it works out for both parties. Matt Wells seems like a good guy.
      I have a few coworkers who went to TT. My phone started to blow up during lunch. They all wanted the scoop.

I told them I'm happy he's gone, and that he seems to be able to extract max effort and talent out of his kids.

I also said that they'd better hope he is able to bring USU's S&C coach to Lubbock.

Holes: recruiting. He's never coached close to Texas (that I can think of) and is going to have to hire some assistants who can sell TT.

I think it's a good hire for Tech, but there's no guarantee. Scott Frost took a winless team and turned them undeafeated in one year, then coached the worst Nebraska team in decades the year after that.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        No kidding. I saw a quote from the AD or school president saying that they will be elite in football again. Again?
        There was that one year when they beat UT.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          There was that one year when they beat UT.
          that wasn’t you, that was michael f****n crabtree
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I'm intrigued by this Kliff Kingsbury to USC rumor.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
              I'm intrigued by this Kliff Kingsbury to USC rumor.
              as OC? because they did retain Helton, right? man, that would be quite a coup for USC to bring him in as OC. seems he's being approached by several other programs as well as NFL teams.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Looking more and more likely that Matt Wells will be hired at Texas Tech. good for him.

but on the TT side, it seems a tad risky. 15-23 the 3 years prior to this at USU. if i'm Texas Tech, i'd want to find somebody with a bit more sustained success. having said that, i hope it works out for both parties. Matt Wells seems like a good guy.
                Now if Colorado would hire Tedford we could have some order in the MW again. Seems like a bad hire for TT, I can't see him making a difference there.

Comment

It’s my understanding the options are somewhat limited when it comes to recruiting coaches to relocate to Lubbock.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Now if Colorado would hire Tedford we could have some order in the MW again. Seems like a bad hire for TT, I can't see him making a difference there.
                    I agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      It’s my understanding the options are somewhat limited when it comes to recruiting coaches to relocate to Lubbock.
                      "Happiness is Lubbock, Texas in my rearview mirror."
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I can’t believe we’re going to a conference title game with playoff on the line with no DC. This is a new low.

Comment

I can’t believe we’re going to a conference title game with playoff on the line with no DC. This is a new low.
                          Going to get even lower in a couple of days!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Going to get even lower in a couple of days!
                            No kidding. I can just see Tom and Sam trying to explain how they managed to lose to a team with no defense.

Comment

I can’t believe we’re going to a conference title game with playoff on the line with no DC. This is a new low.
                              I thought Goldilocks said OU had no defense, so it shouldn't matter.

Comment

Touche'
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X