Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Tua or Kyler?
    Have to give it to Murray after Saturday. I feel like he already had a slight lead prior to the Georgia game, but with as poorly as Tua played, losing when he was injured and the back up coming in and leading the comeback, sealed the deal for Kyler, imo.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Have to give it to Murray after Saturday. I feel like he already had a slight lead prior to the Georgia game, but with as poorly as Tua played, losing when he was injured and the back up coming in and leading the comeback, sealed the deal for Kyler, imo.
      Kyler is definitely the MVP. Hard to imagine what OU's season would be like without him, probably still a bowl team but the Sooners most likely have a few more losses. Tua has had a great season but Bama is probably still a playoff team without him. Since Kyler is a local hero, pulling hard for him for the Heisman. Before the second OU-Texas game, a local sportscaster mentioned that Murray was 3-0 in Championship games (Texas high school) played in AT&T Cowboy's Stadium and thought he would win another Championship (Big 12) there to remain perfect. Since high school, Murray has only lost two games in games he started at QB (undefeated in high school over 3 seasons, Auburn while at A&M as a Freshman, and Texas in the Red River Rivalry). Was really hoping he would not lose to Texas twice since Taysom Hill defeated Texas twice.
      Last edited by Paperback Writer; 12-04-2018, 09:24 PM.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Hard to believe anyone ever referred to Buckeyes fans as douchebags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          Kyler is definitely the MVP. Hard to imagine what OU's season would be like without him, probably still a bowl team but the Sooners most likely have a few more losses. Tua has had a great season but Bama is probably still a playoff team without him. Since Kyler is a local hero, pulling hard for him for the Heisman. Before the second OU-Texas game, a local sportscaster mentioned that Murray was 3-0 in Championship games (Texas high school) played in AT&T Cowboy's Stadium and thought he would win another Championship (Big 12) there to remain perfect. Since high school, Murray has only lost two games in games he started at QB (undefeated in high school over 3 seasons, Auburn while at A&M as a Freshman, and Texas in the Red River Rivalry). Was really hoping he would not lose to Texas twice since Taysom Hill defeated Texas twice.
          Yeah, I have to wonder what OU would be without these Texas players... Maybe like Nebraska is now.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yes. That was my theory in the Nebraska thread a few weeks back. Where are they supposed to recruit out of Big Ten? This is why we need to get Charlie Strong in at DC. He can recruit from Texas through Florida.

Comment

Hard to believe anyone ever referred to Buckeyes fans as douchebags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Don’t worry. JL and YO are here to erase any record of your transgressions before you get to Saint Peter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Yeah, I have to wonder what OU would be without these Texas players... Maybe like Nebraska is now.
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  Yes. That was my theory in the Nebraska thread a few weeks back. Where are they supposed to recruit out of Big Ten? This is why we need to get Charlie Strong in at DC. He can recruit from Texas through Florida.
                  Nebraska will continue to recruit Texas like they always have - Nebraska recruited Texas back in the Big 8. They just are not as dependent on Texas talent as OU - or in other words, they have never consistently gotten the talent out of Texas that the Sooners have. Back when Nebraska was beating OU, it wasn't because they were getting better Texas players. Nebraska recruits nationally and always has. Nebraska is where they are now because of coaching. For reference, just look back at OU's success under Howard Schnellenberger and John Blake. Charlie Strong is an interesting recommendation for OU's DC. I'm a big fan of Charlie Strong and was surprised he wasn't more successful at UT.
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                    Nebraska will continue to recruit Texas like they always have - Nebraska recruited Texas back in the Big 8. They just are not as dependent on Texas talent as OU - or in other words, they have never consistently gotten the talent out of Texas that the Sooners have. Back when Nebraska was beating OU, it wasn't because they were getting better Texas players. Nebraska recruits nationally and always has. Nebraska is where they are now because of coaching. For reference, just look back at OU's success under Howard Schnellenberger and John Blake.
                    Interesting.

Comment

• CFB replay is so broken. In the army/navy game I just watched them take about 15 minutes to review a spot on a 4th down run that was originally ruled a first down. After completely killing the momentum of the game, they reported the ball and measured and it was ruled they didnt make the line to gain.

If it takes you 15 minutes to review a spot it probably means there isn't sufficient evidence to change it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        CFB replay is so broken. In the army/navy game I just watched them take about 15 minutes to review a spot on a 4th down run that was originally ruled a first down. After completely killing the momentum of the game, they reported the ball and measured and it was ruled they didnt make the line to gain.

If it takes you 15 minutes to review a spot it probably means there isn't sufficient evidence to change it.
                        That was ridiculous. 12 minutes to decide to bring out the chain gang only to determine the official got the call right in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          CFB replay is so broken. In the army/navy game I just watched them take about 15 minutes to review a spot on a 4th down run that was originally ruled a first down. After completely killing the momentum of the game, they reported the ball and measured and it was ruled they didnt make the line to gain.

That was pretty bad. Probably an outlier, but still. . .
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Tua is awesome:
                            “People need to understand that we don’t just play O-Line. We’ve got skills.”

Comment

Tua is awesome:
                              “People need to understand that we don’t just play O-Line. We’ve got skills.”
                              I mean, how good is he with a bo staff?

Comment

• Kyler’s dad is such a dick. He didn’t clap when Heisman announcement was made. When asked at what point he realized Kyler’s skills had surpassed his own, he replied: “hasn’t happened yet.” He tried to pass it off a joke, which might have worked if he had, you know, applauded his son.

Comment

Working...
                                X