Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just inherited a Rolex Chronograph Oyster Perpetual - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Those are essentially variations on solid end links. Regardless, they were never the cheap fold-over links, pretending to be solid end links, like this watch has.
    From the website PAC referenced and the article in my previous post:

Alongside the evolutions described above, the end links themselves also got thicker. In the end, we even ended up with full, solid end links rather than the folded ones from the earlier bracelets.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      From the website PAC referenced and the article in my previous post:
      That's a good catch, I wasn't aware of that. The Oyster has evolved quite a bit over the years. But it looks like even when it used folded end links, they were nothing like the cheap folded end links on the above watch. The fit and finish was, of course, much better.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        That's a good catch, I wasn't aware of that. The Oyster has evolved quite a bit over the years. But it looks like even when it used folded end links, they were nothing like the cheap folded end links on the above watch. The fit and finish was, of course, much better.

I learned more than I ever cared to know about Oyster bracelets from that article.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Hey all... thanks for helping me vet the watch. Not for a moment did I think it had any value... but it moved when I looked at other Chronographs for $29,000.

I'll be happy to sell it to anyone of you for $100

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Called step-mom this morning... and asked about the back story on the watch. She apologized for sending a Rolex that she knew was a fake and not telling me. Turned into a half hour conversation about the other kids in the family. It was nice.
            Talking with people can be nice. I sometimes call my mom just to see if that day is going to be a good day. The other day, I got my old mom on the phone. We talked for two hours.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Called step-mom this morning... and asked about the back story on the watch. She apologized for sending a Rolex that she knew was a fake and not telling me. Turned into a half hour conversation about the other kids in the family. It was nice.
              Even though its a replica, I'll bet it was nice to have a piece of your dad's life.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So what was the backstory?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                X