• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not Mormons.

"Don't call polygamists Mormon. They don't belong to our church."

"Don't call us Mormon. We don't go by that name."

Discuss

Much like the Marketing Department at my tiny college that somehow still needs four employees and a vice president, even putative not-for-profits must control the brand.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

My wife and I had a solid discussion yesterday regarding this issue. I'd like to hear the POV of the complete 12 regarding this issue, and not a single voice. Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses kind of thing.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        My wife and I had a solid discussion yesterday regarding this issue. I'd like to hear the POV of the complete 12 regarding this issue, and not a single voice. Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses kind of thing.
        Good call. The prophet might be going rogue!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

we are devo!
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Good call. The prophet might be going rogue!
            OK JL... what do you personally think of this name change mandate? You've been quite so far.

Honest question - honest answer?
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-25-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
              "Don't call polygamists Mormon. They don't belong to our church."

"Don't call us Mormon. We don't go by that name."

Discuss
              I guess the polyg’s are ok to start calling themselves Mormons? Is that what you are getting at?

Comment

I guarantee Ballard, Oaks, and Nelson are all on board with this. There are your 2-3 mouths.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  I guarantee Ballard, Oaks, and Nelson are all on board with this. There are your 2-3 mouths.
                  On top of that, they are 1-2-3 in hierarchy.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

They sound pretty unified, Clack:

Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, who was traveling with President Nelson, noted the importance of taking the long view on this name adjustment. “There is such unity in the First Presidency and the Twelve on this subject. The president has spoken; the Lord has spoken to the president. And this is going to be an extended, multi‑year effort, but this will not be something that will be attempted and then pulled back on.”
                    And a reference to it being revelation to boot!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      They sound pretty unified, Clack:

And a reference to it being revelation to boot!
                      Must be a bloodmoon - Northwestcoug is calling me to repentance regarding my bad attitude regarding the Mormon Jettison Movement (#morjetmov). He's probably doing it between sips of the evil brew that makes men eschew sanity and beg for something more.

Can't you inactives leave us alone?

Comment

Today in priesthood the WML said he had a discussion with the sisters in our ward about the name change and how they've been instructed to handle it. They said they say they're Christian. Then inevitably they're asked what church they belong to and then they reply The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I liked that.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

We are not Mormons.

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Today in priesthood the WML said he had a discussion with the sisters in our ward about the name change and how they've been instructed to handle it. They said they say they're Christian. Then inevitably they're asked what church they belong to and then they reply The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I liked that.
                          I couldn’t dislike that more. Now we are striving to be lumped in with all the crazies on the Religious right. Perfect.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Must be a bloodmoon - Northwestcoug is calling me to repentance regarding my bad attitude regarding the Mormon Jettison Movement (#morjetmov). He's probably doing it between sips of the evil brew that makes men eschew sanity and beg for something more.

Can't you inactives leave us alone?
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Then when investigators figure out that the missionaries are Mormon/LDS then it is clear that they are lying/deceiving and covering something up right from the start. No problem there.

Comment

Working...
                              X