Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
    Miller was MIA? I missed that.

We struggled to get our middles involved and went through 3 different OPP.

I like the depth Heather is creating at the pin. We need Ballard or someone to step up and become an OPP so we aren’t using a 5’10” or 5’11” OPP against 6’5” OH. Regardless, our pin depth is better than last year.
    Lol never change K-Dog. Love your use of “Heather” letting us all know she’s a close personal friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

Comment

Miller was MIA? I missed that.
      Yeah, I thought Miller had a pretty solid outing; obviously she wasn't other worldly on the offensive end like RJP was, but RJP outplayed the best OH in the game. Miller's hitting percentage was around 0.150 but in the 3rd and 4th sets she was set a whole bunch of trash (I don't blame Eppich for that ... passing was bad in those sets ... Stanford was able to consistently target RJP on the serve and RJP struggled a bit). I also thought Miller served well.

We struggled to get our middles involved and went through 3 different OPP.

I like the depth Heather is creating at the pin. We need Ballard or someone to step up and become an OPP so we aren’t using a 5’10” or 5’11” OPP against 6’5” OH. Regardless, our pin depth is better than last year.
      I didn't notice that; I only remember Robinson and Haddock at opposite. I didn't think Stetler logged any time in the front. But it's absolutely amazing they beat Stanford with almost no production on the right side. Ballard did get in against WSU at the very end so maybe that indicates she is getting healthier.
      Last edited by pelagius; 09-02-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Lol never change K-Dog. Love your use of “Heather” letting us all know she’s a close personal friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BYU moves up to #3; I think that's probably a little too high (if they had a reliable RS hitter I would feel differently). Also, I still think Stanford is the best team. That said, if BYU can beat USC and a pretty solide Marquette team this week then hosting in the NCAA tournament for the first four rounds becomes attainable.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
            BYU moves up to #3; I think that's probably a little too high (if they had a reliable RS hitter I would feel differently). Also, I still think Stanford is the best team. That said, if BYU can beat USC and a pretty solide Marquette team this week then hosting in the NCAA tournament for the first four rounds becomes attainable.

Lots of love for the PAC 12.

Comment

I thought Miller was nails against Stanford. I actually don’t recall Robinson playing that match. One rotation RJP played OPP, then Haddock played when Eppich was back row. At least that’s how I remember it.

At any rate, great match. Tons of fun to watch.

X factor was the block, and it wasn’t necessarily our MBs. The Haddocks and RJP were awesome.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                I thought Miller was nails against Stanford. I actually don’t recall Robinson playing that match. One rotation RJP played OPP, then Haddock played when Eppich was back row. At least that’s how I remember it.
                Robinson played the first set and the second half of the 4th set. Haddock got all the other time at opp/RS. Stetler played the DS for the right side hitter. RJP didn't really play opp. She just did her normal 2/1 left side/right side rotation (so did Miller). She did hit once I believe out of the back row from the right side so I suppose that could be counted.

Comment

You know it's quite the thing that RJP's first choice was Utah:

“I really wanted to go to Utah, but they weren’t interested,” said the recent U.S. Collegiate Women’s National Team member who now is known as Roni Jones-Perry because she married her high school sweetheart, Todd Perry, after her freshman season at BYU. “So I started to listen to BYU.”
                  https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...g-at-no-8-byu/

I know the article is a year old, but I hadn't seen it. Olmstead does appear to be very good at talent evaluation.

Comment

BYU just spanked 10th ranked USC on a neutral court 3-0. First, set was close but after that BYU dominated. Really, great game by RJP. Eppich and Lake played really well too. BYU still needs a RS hitter. Really nice and important win.

Comment

BYU just spanked 10th ranked USC on a neutral court 3-0. First, set was close but after that BYU dominated. Really, great game by RJP. Eppich and Lake played really well too. BYU still needs a RS hitter. Really nice and important win.
                      When does Ballard return? Hamson isn't returning this year.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        When does Ballard return? Hamson isn't returning this year.
                        Ballard actually played at the very end of the WSU game; maybe 4 total points. She even got a kill. That may signal she getting healthier. She didn't play at all against USC; I don't think that's surprising. I expect Olmstead to bring her along slowly. I expect her to get at least a little time against Syracuse tonight.

Comment

Ballard actually played at the very end of the WSU game; maybe 4 total points. She even got a kill. That may signal she getting healthier. She didn't play at all against USC; I don't think that's surprising. I expect Olmstead to bring her along slowly. I expect her to get at least a little time against Syracuse tonight.
                          Good to hear. This team could be formidable, and would haven been but for Hamson's injury.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            Good to hear. This team could be formidable, and would haven been but for Hamson's injury.
                            This seems to be conventional wisdom about Hamson. Maybe it's true, but it builds in a ton of improvement relative to her freshman year. Despite her size she wasn't better than Haddock at opposite last year. Maybe she did really improve though. It's certainly possible given her physical advantages.

Comment

Beat Syracuce 3-0. Hard to tell how good Syracuse is since this is only their third match this season. I'm guessing somewhere in the 50-100 range. Not surprising given they had just played USC, but BYU didn't look sharp. I thought serve and return of serve were pretty weak. Miller and Gneiting probably played the best.
                              Last edited by pelagius; 09-07-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Beat Syracuce 3-0. Hard to tell how good Syracuse is since this is only their third match this season. I'm guessing somewhere in the 50-100 range. Not surprising given they had just played USC, but BYU didn't look sharp. I thought serve and return of serve were pretty weak. Miller and Gneiting probably played the best.
                                Marquette defeated USC 3-2. I didn't watch the game but followed it briefly online. I don't know if USC was worn down by having played previously. Hopefully, BYU comes out rested against Marquette and its home crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X