Womens’ Volleyball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Besides Pelagius, who else is attending in person? Looking forward to a nice series of wins, but also worried as usual.
    I was there. Refs were poor. We still won.

Comment

• I was traveling to Houston (for a volleyball tournament), so I
      Missed the game live, but we played well. I was glad to see we hit so well against a tall Florida front line. Texas is not as tall, but more athletic and we’ll have to make adjustments to get past their block.

Slow starts could be s huge factor against UT. UT is 19-0 when taking the first set. They were up 10-0 on Michigan in first set last night.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        I was traveling to Houston (for a volleyball tournament), so I
        Missed the game live, but we played well. I was glad to see we hit so well against a tall Florida front line. Texas is not as tall, but more athletic and we’ll have to make adjustments to get past their block.

Slow starts could be s huge factor against UT. UT is 19-0 when taking the first set. They were up 10-0 on Michigan in first set last night.
        Worried about starting slowly but Olmstead has shown she knows how to make adjustments. Now is the time Miller would be valuable.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
          I was there. Refs were poor. We still won.
          Did you watch Texas? How will BYU match up against Texas?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Did you watch Texas? How will BYU match up against Texas?
            Texas isn’t as big as Florida but their setter is better than either FL setter. Maddie Robinson is back to being aggressive and our team plays in system a lot so i like where we are. I think it will come down to who plays in system more often. In and out of system I would say the teams are really close to each other. Also, Heather is a great game coach and makes better adjustments every game than her competition. Crowd, altitude, coach, I put us as winning in 4 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
              Texas isn’t as big as Florida but their setter is better than either FL setter. Maddie Robinson is back to being aggressive and our team plays in system a lot so i like where we are. I think it will come down to who plays in system more often. In and out of system I would say the teams are really close to each other. Also, Heather is a great game coach and makes better adjustments every game than her competition. Crowd, altitude, coach, I put us as winning in 4 again.
              Her in game adjustments have been impressive. If Maddie maintains her confidence, BYU is the perhaps the best chance for anybody defeating Stanford. With Minnesota going down the crowd won't be as much of a factor in the Final Four for the winner of Stanford's region and BYU's region.

Comment

• Nice sweep. Fun match.

Comment

• Pretty impressive sweep.

BEAT STANFORD (or Penn St., whatever)!

Comment

• Woohoo!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Awesome match. What a solid team.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• RJP and Mary Lake are so good.

Comment

• Just got done watching on DVR. What a great match. That felt like two very evenly matched teams. On a neutral court that probably goes all 5 sets.

RJP was dropping bombs, and Maddie Robinson wasn’t too far behind. There were a couple of times Robinson hit that I swear she looked just like RJP. Mary Lake was her usual amazing self. She hit the ground pretty hard a few times, and I was worried she hurt herself. But she came on strong late in that 3rd set.

Texas’ block was very impressive. And their two freshman bigs are amazing. They are going to be very good for the next three years. They were impressive hitting in system, but not very effective when they were scrambling. Lots of free balls back to BYU that Probably should have been free swings.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Just got done watching on DVR. What a great match. That felt like two very evenly matched teams. On a neutral court that probably goes all 5 sets.

RJP was dropping bombs, and Maddie Robinson wasn’t too far behind. There were a couple of times Robinson hit that I swear she looked just like RJP. Mary Lake was her usual amazing self. She hit the ground pretty hard a few times, and I was worried she hurt herself. But she came on strong late in that 3rd set.

Texas’ block was very impressive. And their two freshman bigs are amazing. They are going to be very good for the next three years. They were impressive hitting in system, but not very effective when they were scrambling. Lots of free balls back to BYU that Probably should have been free swings.
                            Maddie can really swing for a 5’10” OH. She’s an OH2 with an OH1 shoulder. Our two freshmen, Gneiting and Robinson, both belonged on that court with their freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I kind of think Texas is the female version of the BYU men's team circa 2016-17. Just so big, athletic, and powerful at the pins. But you can beat them with really good sustained serving pressure and defense.

Comment

• P’lag- any idea about Lake’s left elbow? Against UF she was sporting an elbow sleeve with some sort of padding or device in the UCL side.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X