Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I care!

Took the whole family plus some friends. What an amazing atmosphere. That place was rocking. Crushed the utes like a bug.
    First match I've missed in a while; I'm at a conference. Barely finished watching now.

Comment

I watched. Was really fun. First match I have watched all year.

Comment

Wally cares
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That was a lot of fun. ESAD Utes.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Great match. We are better than the Utes at every position other than perhaps their best MB is better than Gneiting/Kennedy Eschdafasdhfadohauer.

Due to crowd noise, Jason Spencer had to shout into his microphone during coach interviews after the second set. Awesome.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              I guess no one cares that BYU absolutely annihilated Utah tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                Choke on it.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  lol, wonder if you'll even show your face around here after the men's swimming meet or mixed doubles tennis match?

Soccer? ✔
                  Volleyball? ✔

Does Utah even have a dance troop, bro sis?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    I guess no one cares that BYU absolutely annihilated Utah tonight?
                    I DVRd and then my daughter and I got up early and watched this morning before we left for school/work. First set got off to a slow start, but after that it was all downhill. Also, I have a minor crush on the lefty outside hitter for Utah (#1, can't remember her name) as well as the Utes' libero. But I was still glad to see them lose.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I DVRd and then my daughter and I got up early and watched this morning before we left for school/work. First set got off to a slow start, but after that it was all downhill. Also, I have a minor crush on the lefty outside hitter for Utah (#1, can't remember her name) as well as the Utes' libero. But I was still glad to see them lose.
                      I met thinking “why didn’t we sign her?”
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Quality tweet.
                        https://twitter.com/NCAAVolleyball/status/1040418120266067968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1040418120266067968&ref_url =https%3A%2F%2Fwww.deseretnews.com%2Farticle%2F900 031855%2Fmorning-links-university-of-utah-football-player-donovan-mitchell-byus-mary-lake-shows-off-her-athleticism.html

(Sorry, don't know how to embed.)
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Quality tweet.

(Sorry, don't know how to embed.)
                            That's originally a Jarom Jordan quip about Mary Lake. I did not know that you were the type that appreciated his oeuvre

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                              That's originally a Jarom Jordan quip about Mary Lake. I did not know that you were the type that appreciated his oeuvre
                              I'm not a fan of his sartor, but I've nothing against his oeuvre.

Comment

BYU beats Weber St -18, -18, -16 in Ogden. Weber St. is probably somewhere between 100 - 150 in terms of quality. Not a very sharp outing for BYU overall; of course, Weber St fans broke out the overrated chant at the end (which did amuse me).

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                                Madi had the best topspin jumper in the state last year at LP. I look forward to her unleashing it as she get confident.
                                So Robinson got to serve a couple times today. She does have a nice jump-spin serve; very high velocity for the women's game. Not a great match for her in terms of hitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X