No announcement yet.

2018 BYU Football Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't watch the interview but apparently Merrill Hoge isn't a big fan of the position switch for Beau. Seemed only a matter of time before he brought in some fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
      You attending any of fall camp or is your take based on what's publicly available?

I guess we don't know what we have with Gunner, yet. People hoping he's Austin Collie 2.0.

Simon looking sucky, too?
      Gunner is injured. I thought CJ was attending practices.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        I didn't watch the interview but apparently Merrill Hoge isn't a big fan of the position switch for Beau. Seemed only a matter of time before he brought in some fire.
        I think Beau received a fair shot last year. For Merrill to publicly call Ed Lamb a weasel. Then bash BYUs offense saying the playbook looks like something he would run in 12th grade is pretty bad. Beau at best was 3rd on the depth chart behind Wilson and Mangum. Probably 4th behind Critchlow based on last year and Hall beat out Critchlow. So he might have actually been 5th. The fact that his dad would rather have him 5th string QB instead of 2nd string RB that's a bit ridiculous.

I get being a protective parent but he comes off real bad in that interview. You can't bash the offense and call it gimmicky. Then rip the rest of the team saying they will be "highly overmatched" 4 of the first 5 games. We already know that. But you are a douche for saying it.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          I think Beau received a fair shot last year. For Merrill to publicly call Ed Lamb a weasel. Then bash BYUs offense saying the playbook looks like something he would run in 12th grade is pretty bad. Beau at best was 3rd on the depth chart behind Wilson and Mangum. Probably 4th behind Critchlow based on last year and Hall beat out Critchlow. So he might have actually been 5th. The fact that his dad would rather have him 5th string QB instead of 2nd string RB that's a bit ridiculous.

I get being a protective parent but he comes off real bad in that interview. You can't bash the offense and call it gimmicky. Then rip the rest of the team saying they will be "highly overmatched" 4 of the first 5 games. We already know that. But you are a douche for saying it.
          From the sound of his comments it sound like he thinks his kid should be starting. Sigh.

Comment

Beau putting out the fire with a lot of class.

DkrnyfEVsAAQu7n.jpg
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
              From the sound of his comments it sound like he thinks his kid should be starting. Sigh.
              If he wanted him to start he should have directed him to his alma mater, Idaho State is always looking for a few good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                Beau putting out the fire with a lot of class.

[ATTACH]8974[/ATTACH]
                Wow, great response by Hoge.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Wow, great response by Hoge.
                  Agree. Very impressive.

Comment

Apparently, Wilson outplayed Tanner in the scrimmage today.

The one surprise report is that the D-line dominated the O-line. This probably should make me happy, but mostly makes me sad. I thought the o-line was a big strength and the D-line was a glaring weakness on this team.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

What do those of you watch camp or follow the changes more closely think of the five or so position changes on defense, moving the CBs to Safety, Zayne Anderson to flash Linebacker, whatever that is, and Takitaki back to OLB. That's only four. Hadley moved to offense. It seems as if it creates a lot of inexperience at the positions which the defensive players will be playing. Any cause for concern?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        What do those of you watch camp or follow the changes more closely think of the five or so position changes on defense, moving the CBs to Safety, Zayne Anderson to flash Linebacker, whatever that is, and Takitaki back to OLB. That's only four. Hadley moved to offense. It seems as if it creates a lot of inexperience at the positions which the defensive players will be playing. Any cause for concern?
                        Overall, we’re thin at backer, and I think Anderson will be good against the pass. TBD on stopping the run. I’ve heard good things about his camp Overall.

Takitaki worries me. He’s a bit of a one trick pony, so we’ll see how he does at run defense and in coverage. .

Do not care about Hadley. If he sees the field in either side if the ball, it’s a really bad sign. Same for Jacobsen.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

It feels weird to have a camp with so little hype. It will feel weird to have expectations set during camp met during the season.

Comment

It feels weird to have a camp with so little hype. It will feel weird to have expectations set during camp met during the season.
                            A 4 and 9 season will do it to a fanbase, especially in light of how BYU did not compete in so many games last year.

Comment

It has been much easier to keep my optimism in check this offseason.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                It has been much easier to keep my optimism in check this offseason.
                                Observers have previously been unaware you possessed any such optimism.

Comment

Working...
                                X