Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I’m sure many think she’s dumb because they are racist. I think she’s dumb because she says/tweets dumb or false things.
    Yeah - I'm have no idea what role her being a woman or Hispanic happen to have with people making fun of her dumb tweets. Maybe racist people only focus on hers, so it's the media's fault that I only hear about them?

Also - I had NO IDEA that Donald Trump was a Hispanic woman. Because, clearly, misogynist racists are the only people making fun of dumb tweets and they only make fun of dumb Hispanic woman tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      Yeah - I'm have no idea what role her being a woman or Hispanic happen to have with people making fun of her dumb tweets. Maybe racist people only focus on hers, so it's the media's fault that I only hear about them?

Also - I had NO IDEA that Donald Trump was a Hispanic woman. Because, clearly, misogynist racists are the only people making fun of dumb tweets and they only make fun of dumb Hispanic woman tweets.
      That’s exactly what everyone is saying. Racists are more politically active than at any other time in my life, and they feel more welcome in the GOP now.

Republicans shouldn’t cast stones about people being dumb when they as a party take an anti-science stance toward global warming. Also Trump takes the cake as far as dumb politicians go.
      Last edited by frank ryan; 12-04-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        That’s exactly what everyone is saying. Racists are more politically active than at any other time in my life, and they feel more welcome in the GOP now.
        It would be useful if in discussing racism to clarify if we are using the classical definition:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
        or the new definition that apparently allows declaration of racism for simply disagreeing with someone of a different race?

Because by broader definitions, these racists likely would not feel at home in the GOP. They seem pretty active.

Black nationalists differ from black supremacists along these lines of delineation. An argument for the advantages of ethnic or cultural separation of groups, communities, nations, etc. can be made without a call to racism.

By the more narrow definition, racism has been declining in the United States for decades (even if it still remains a problem). What is likely being manifest is not increased racism, but degeneration into tribalism, which is not the same thing. Superiority is more likely to be declared along political lines today than racial lines. How many today infer intellectual superiority upon encountering an individual wearing a MAGA hat?

Haidt's analysis here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZ5...jUJxdc2Sssu-TQ

Comment

That’s exactly what everyone is saying. Racists are more politically active than at any other time in my life, and they feel more welcome in the GOP now...
          Can you show me "everyone" who is saying this? That the only reason people are making fun of her tweets is because she's Hispanic and they're racist?

I'll give you that it is partisan politics. I agree completely. I'll also give you that a person who is racist might be particularly prone to point out the dumb tweets of people of a different race. But to say that the reason people point out her dumb tweets is because she is Hispanic is the epitome of sticking your head in the sand.

You also failed to address people making fun of Trump's dumb tweets. Is he Hispanic? Or could it be that sometimes people just make fun of dumb tweets?

What about Sarah Palin. Is she also Hispanic? Seems like she gets made fun of for saying dumb things too.

Again - I'm sure the racists love it. But if we can't make fun of dumb tweets because a racist might also make fun of them - then all dumb tweets are out of bounds. And that is really dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
            It would be useful if in discussing racism to clarify if we are using the classical definition:

or the new definition that apparently allows declaration of racism for simply disagreeing with someone of a different race?

Because by broader definitions, these racists likely would not feel at home in the GOP. They seem pretty active.

Black nationalists differ from black supremacists along these lines of delineation. An argument for the advantages of ethnic or cultural separation of groups, communities, nations, etc. can be made without a call to racism.

By the more narrow definition, racism has been declining in the United States for decades (even if it still remains a problem). What is likely being manifest is not increased racism, but degeneration into tribalism, which is not the same thing. Superiority is more likely to be declared along political lines today than racial lines. How many today infer intellectual superiority upon encountering an individual wearing a MAGA hat?

Yeah, I don’t agree racism is declining. Acts of extremism by racists are not declining. Organizations that track hate groups are reporting they are increasing, and it is more open online.

There have been more racist and anti-semetic candidates lately within the Republican Party.

As to MAGA hat-wearers, that’s not the same as racism.

Comment

Yeah, I don’t agree racism is declining. Acts of extremism by racists are not declining. Organizations that track hate groups are reporting they are increasing, and it is more open online.

There have been more racist and anti-semetic candidates lately within the Republican Party.

As to MAGA hat-wearers, that’s not the same as racism.
              I agree with frank. Online racism is way worse now than it was when I was a kid.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post

I’ve met few a white separatists in my time, and they were all racist. You’d be hard pressed to find one who isn’t racist. When people declare they are only for separating the races, they usually say that to downplay their hateful attitudes. David Duke has said he doesn’t hate other races, but that he just wants a white homeland. I think we can agree he’s full of shit.
                Last edited by frank ryan; 12-04-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

frank, i'm curious how you differentiate between criticism of dumb trump and criticism of dumb AOC.

when folks criticize dumb trump it is simply because he is dumb.

however, when folks criticize AOC it is because they are racist and misogynistic - you know, because she is hispanic and a woman, it must be.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Racism. Lol.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

my racist post for the day:

I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        frank, i'm curious how you differentiate between criticism of dumb trump and criticism of dumb AOC.

when folks criticize dumb trump it is simply because he is dumb.

however, when folks criticize AOC it is because they are racist and misogynistic - you know, because she is hispanic and a woman, it must be.
                        Frank has been avoiding my question about this because he doesn't want to admit that he is a racist and misogynistic and Trump is a Hispanic woman.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          my racist post for the day:

That's pretty hilarious.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            That's pretty hilarious.
                            Dude, don't be such a racist.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              Frank has been avoiding my question about this because he doesn't want to admit that he is a racist and misogynistic and Trump is a Hispanic woman.
                              tough to defend the indefensible, but it would be fun to watch him try.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Dude, don't be such a racist.
                                I thought she was a white male with a mullet!
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X