Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocasio-Cortez: System that allows billionaires is ‘immoral’

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said in an interview on Monday that she believes a system that allows people to become billionaires is “immoral.”

The New York Democrat made the statement while responding to a question from writer Ta-Nehisi Coates at a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event in Harlem.
    [...]
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/ocasio...es-is-immoral/

Yeah, let that immoral Jeff Bezos pay for the immoral wall!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      ... but I like her his desire to be anti establishment
      This is what a lot of sane, not-stupid people said about Trump. Look where that got us.
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        This is what a lot of sane, not-stupid people said about Trump. Look where that got us.
        I’d love to see AOC and Trump debate economic policy. The combined IQ would probably not break 100.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Nothing matters anyway. The world is ending in 12 years

Comment

• Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            True. I don’t vote for people that are coo coo for Cocoa Puffs, as such, neither Trump or AOC would ever get my vote. All I said was I like her moxie despite her being wrong about pretty much everything (in my opinion). Same could be said for Trump. He gets more of my ire because he currently has more influence. Also there is more evidence of Trump being a truly despicable human. AOC (while seeming dumb and naive) does not appear to have the same character flaws, so there is that difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Nothing matters anyway. The world is ending in 12 years

only if we don't address climate change. so 12 years from now when we're still plugging along, she can claim we addressed climate change - though not enough!
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Nothing matters anyway. The world is ending in 12 years

Eat, drink, and be merry... For tomorrow we die!

:rockon1::rockon2:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So weird watching Repubs point the finger at Ocasio-Cortez. "She's so crazy. She's an idiot. Did you hear what she said?!?"

Ummm, excuse me?

dBeJZJZ.jpg
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    So weird watching Repubs point the finger at Ocasio-Cortez. "She's so crazy. She's an idiot. Did you hear what she said?!?"

Ummm, excuse me?

[ATTACH]9344[/ATTACH]
                    #whatabouttrump!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So weird watching Repubs point the finger at Ocasio-Cortez. "She's so crazy. She's an idiot. Did you hear what she said?!?"

Ummm, excuse me?
                      I don't think she's crazy or an idiot on her own merits. She's a very young female member of Congress. They don't award people seats in the House as participation trophies. Argue with her ideas if they seem outlandish, but the exaggerated chauvinistic dismissiveness is eye-rollingly stupid.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        I don't think she's crazy or an idiot on her own merits. She's a very young female member of Congress. They don't award people seats in the House as participation trophies. Argue with her ideas if they seem outlandish, but the exaggerated chauvinistic dismissiveness is eye-rollingly stupid.
                        The notion that any criticism of her outlandish ideas is a result of chauvinism is eye-rollingly stupid.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Saying she's crazy and an idiot is, largely a response to her ideas.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I wish there was a way for her to run for president in 2020.... Of course, she could run in 2024 after Drumpf's second term!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ummm, excuse me?

[ATTACH]9344[/ATTACH]
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                #whatabouttrump!
                                Ha.

More like #whataboutallthosedopeyrepubsandothersthatvotedfor andcontinuetosupporttrumpandhisstupidassideasandap proachtogoverningandmanagingwhoshouldtakeagoodlook intthemirrorwhentheygonutsaboutrepresentativeocasi o-cortez.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X