Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I am sure glad that Snopes cleared this up... https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oc...rice-is-right/

I was sure it was real!
    Given the likelihood that that would be her answer, it was necessary to clarify for those easily confused.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• She deleted the tweet so there's no reason to attack her over it. People are only attacking her now is because she's a woman of color!

Comment

• Getting ready for her presidential run...

I can't wait for her book.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Minor league baseball team inserts pic of AOC between Kim Jong Un and Castro in video tribute for Memorial Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85cJBAWrK8

It is near the end. 3:07. Heads exploded.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Minor league baseball team inserts pic of AOC between Kim Jong Un and Castro in video tribute for Memorial Day.

I guess they didn't get the Trump memo about Kim Jung Un now being a great guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Dummies. Of course Antifa is in there. Fresno is pretty conservative.

Also Castro is dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Dummies. Of course Antifa is in there. Fresno is pretty conservative.

Also Castro is dead.
                  I can’t believe someone thought that was a good idea.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This whole thread is great. AOC is dumb and ignorant.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wow she's dumb.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• And yet. I find her very appealing, if you ignore every dumb thing she says. And if her voters are not knowledgeable about the nonsense she utters, they will disregard any ignorant comment she makes, because she is likeable. I predict a very successful future for her in politics.

The people that are in the know probably find her lack of knowledge utterly aggravating, like people who struggled with Reagan during his Alzheimer's years, Trump now, and Bush 43. Three presidents who said so many misinformed utterances, but they were affable and charismatic, so they were successful. AOC for president 2039!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          And yet. I find her very appealing, if you ignore every dumb thing she says. And if her voters are not knowledgeable about the nonsense she utters, they will disregard any ignorant comment she makes, because she is likeable. I predict a very successful future for her in politics.

The people that are in the know probably find her lack of knowledge utterly aggravating, like people who struggled with Reagan during his Alzheimer's years, Trump now, and Bush 43. Three presidents who said so many misinformed utterances, but they were affable and charismatic, so they were successful. AOC for president 2039!
                          I agree on the appeal. There’s something appealing about someone who is so convinced in their position. I also like that she doesn’t care what people think of her. She really is free to speak her mind, which is part of the problem but also appealing.

She’s a great follow on Twitter. Almost as good as Trump himself.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            And yet. I find her very appealing, if you ignore every dumb thing she says. And if her voters are not knowledgeable about the nonsense she utters, they will disregard any ignorant comment she makes, because she is likeable. I predict a very successful future for her in politics.

Yup - she is appealing to one set of people in the exact same way that Trump is appealing to another set of people. And for the same reasons. They take those two seriously - and see them as wanting to address the issues that are important to each group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              She’s a great follow on Twitter. Almost as good as Trump himself.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why that is.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• While it doesn't appear to be a separate crime, an act of domestic terrorism is grounds for a sentencing enhancement. I think both parties lack of understanding in that regard led to the back-and-forth.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X