Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]manís Bernie

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I am sure glad that Snopes cleared this up... https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oc...rice-is-right/

I was sure it was real!
    Given the likelihood that that would be her answer, it was necessary to clarify for those easily confused.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

She deleted the tweet so there's no reason to attack her over it. People are only attacking her now is because she's a woman of color!

Getting ready for her presidential run...

I can't wait for her book.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Default Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]manís Bernie

Minor league baseball team inserts pic of AOC between Kim Jong Un and Castro in video tribute for Memorial Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85cJBAWrK8

It is near the end. 3:07. Heads exploded.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Minor league baseball team inserts pic of AOC between Kim Jong Un and Castro in video tribute for Memorial Day.

I guess they didn't get the Trump memo about Kim Jung Un now being a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Dummies. Of course Antifa is in there. Fresno is pretty conservative.

Also Castro is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Dummies. Of course Antifa is in there. Fresno is pretty conservative.

Also Castro is dead.
    I canít believe someone thought that was a good idea.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, ďspectator discipleshipĒ is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Wow she's dumb.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

And yet. I find her very appealing, if you ignore every dumb thing she says. And if her voters are not knowledgeable about the nonsense she utters, they will disregard any ignorant comment she makes, because she is likeable. I predict a very successful future for her in politics.

The people that are in the know probably find her lack of knowledge utterly aggravating, like people who struggled with Reagan during his Alzheimer's years, Trump now, and Bush 43. Three presidents who said so many misinformed utterances, but they were affable and charismatic, so they were successful. AOC for president 2039!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    And yet. I find her very appealing, if you ignore every dumb thing she says. And if her voters are not knowledgeable about the nonsense she utters, they will disregard any ignorant comment she makes, because she is likeable. I predict a very successful future for her in politics.

The people that are in the know probably find her lack of knowledge utterly aggravating, like people who struggled with Reagan during his Alzheimer's years, Trump now, and Bush 43. Three presidents who said so many misinformed utterances, but they were affable and charismatic, so they were successful. AOC for president 2039!
    I agree on the appeal. Thereís something appealing about someone who is so convinced in their position. I also like that she doesnít care what people think of her. She really is free to speak her mind, which is part of the problem but also appealing.

Sheís a great follow on Twitter. Almost as good as Trump himself.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, ďspectator discipleshipĒ is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post

Yup - she is appealing to one set of people in the exact same way that Trump is appealing to another set of people. And for the same reasons. They take those two seriously - and see them as wanting to address the issues that are important to each group.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    She’s a great follow on Twitter. Almost as good as Trump himself.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why that is.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed mostówatching BYU lose."

While it doesn't appear to be a separate crime, an act of domestic terrorism is grounds for a sentencing enhancement. I think both parties lack of understanding in that regard led to the back-and-forth.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Some good comments in that thread.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

OMG... she's right!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

AOC is fascinating to me.

The GOP is giving her way more power than she deserves, though. The red herring about the term "concentration camps" is a great example. Lightweights like Liz Cheney and Steve King go after her on Twitter, and they get schooled.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

OMG! Those ICE Basturds...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Mildest May/June I've experienced in my 16 summers in Vegas.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

We need a green new deal now! I can't wait until AOC finally finishes her plan so we can learn all the amazing ideas she has. If the "draft" that was "mistakenly" posted to her website a few months back is any indication, prepare to be wowed!

The hottest month ever recorded on planet earth was in June?

The hottest month ever recorded on planet earth was in June?
    Southern Hemisphere was burning up.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Mildest May/June I've experienced in my 16 summers in Vegas.
    Thanks Matt Drudge!

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Thanks Matt Drudge!
    Youíre welcome. Btw, Iím about as moderate as it gets, politically speaking. I didnít vote for Trump and Iíve only voted Republican in one of the last 3 presidential elections. I vote for a pretty even combination of Rs and Ds in my state and local elections. But I make one comment about how my personal observations donít comport with AOCís platform, and youíve labeled me a right wing nut job.

Your comment, while in jest (I think), is pretty much a microcosm of why Trump is our president. As exasperated as they are that it happened, the Dems need to look no further than a mirror to see exactly how Trump got elected.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    You’re welcome. Btw, I’m about as moderate as it gets, politically speaking. I didn’t vote for Trump and I’ve only voted Republican in one of the last 3 presidential elections. I vote for a pretty even combination of Rs and Ds in my state and local elections. But I make one comment about how my personal observations don’t comport with AOC’s platform, and you’ve labeled me a right wing nut job.

Your comment, while in jest (I think), is pretty much a microcosm of why Trump is our president. As exasperated as they are that it happened, the Dems need to look no further than a mirror to see exactly how Trump got elected.
    Well stated, but please don’t drive Frank from this site. We need our crazy leftist nut job just like we need Uncle Ted, my all time favorite right wing nut.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift