Online exercise videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online exercise videos

I need a more formal exercise routine. For the past few years I've taken walks (16-17 minute miles) of 30 to 60 minutes or ridden my bicycle (maybe 12 mph) a similar amount. The goal has been every day, but I'm lucky to get five days a week and often less than that.

I don't want to own a treadmill, stationary bike or other specific exercise equipment and don't really want to go to a gym either. So I was thinking why not find a few good exercise videos on YouTube and do those every morning. My goal is to do those regularly, but still walk and ride the bicycle.

My initial search has turned up some good ones from HasFit. This morning I started off with their 15 minute workout for seniors, trying not to jump in too deep all at once. I figure that if I can stick with that for a week or two I'll go for longer workouts and maybe something that takes a bit more effort as well. Those workouts use hand weights, but nothing else.

Any suggestions for good workout videos that will help me stick with my goal of doing something every day?

I've used Youtube for a few random videos, mostly for kettlebell and battle rope workouts. But the thing that has stuck the best at our house is a subscription to beachbody on demand. Its something like $100 per year and has hundreds of workouts available through their app. It streams pretty fluidly through our firestick or phone, with only the occasional buffering issue, I'm guessing when there is a high demand on their end.

I've done the P90x 3 month plan a few times, the 21 day fix program and a few other smaller programs. My wife is doing the 80 day obsession program right now and likes it quite a bit.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

So far I've managed two days in a row with a HasFit workout. Somehow I got a different one today, but it was good too. My goal is to make it a habit and after two weeks I'll start going for longer ones or maybe string two different 15 minute workouts together.

Comment

Download the beachbody app. They have tons of different videos and programs (P90X, Insanity, etc.). It's $100/year but there's tons of content and maybe that will help be disciplined about sticking with a program.

Comment

Get a pullup bar.

Do a circuit of:

10 reps of pullups. Do negatives (jump up and let yourself down slowly) if you can't do 10.
          10 pushups. If you can't do 10, do half pushups. If 10 is too easy do 20, if 20 is too easy, put your feet up on a couch.
          10 reps of deep body squats. If too easy, do 20.

Rest one minute between sets.

Repeat 2-4 times depending on your target time.

Please send me $100/yr.

Comment

Boho beautiful- yoga and Pilates

Comment

Originally posted by daisie678
              During this pandemic is almost impossible to re-join the gym so I'm thinking about making my own mini gym in my home, give me some suggestion where should I buy basic gym equipment, supplement, and nutrition, I found a website Coupon Codest that offers a discount coupon in different brands and products they a wide of supplements and nutrition brand code let me suggest which one should I buy.
              walmart
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Since I started this thread...

In January of 2019 I joined the YMCA which is paid for by United Health Care. I guess they figure it's cheaper to help us old guys stay in shape than to treat the issues that we'll have if we're not in shape. Been going there at least three times a week to use the weight machines and I'll often go there on the off days to use the treadmill and exercise bike. They make you wear a mask at all times unless you're on the cardio equipment. Plus everyone gets to carry around a disinfectant spray bottle and a green rag. You're supposed to disinfect any machine that you use both before using it and again afterward. People that work there go around disinfecting everything with stronger stuff several times a day.

Spending an hour on the machines works better for me than a 20 minute video ever did.

Comment

jeez im really happy you joined YMCA. Good for you man! heard greats things about them.
                  Lamson knives for cutting and chopping reviewed

Comment

The new swimming pool opened at the start of this month, so I swim on mornings when I'm not working out on the machines. Half an hour in the pool is probably better exercise than any of the other stuff I do. It's interesting after not swimming for a few years how quickly I my muscles improve after a few days in the pool. I'm tempted to swim every day.

Comment

What strokes do you do?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        What strokes do you do?
                        None of the four standard strokes. Mostly a side stroke, alternating left and right sides with occasional modified breast stroke (frog stroke?) and modified back stroke. I don't want to bother with timing my breathing and all that. I figure as long as I'm moving in the water it's all good exercise.

Comment

May I also suggest sissy squats, great exercise that can be done anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by alycegann View Post
                            I have been doing those. They are killers.

Comment

Originally posted by alycegann View Post
                              Is that a euphemism?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X