NBA 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yup. I think Lebron to the Lakers might end up like Pujols to the Angels: Overpaying for a guy at the end of his career in a way that cripples the team for a close to a decade.
    4 year contract, 3 more, right?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      4 year contract, 3 more, right?
      Sure but if they trade away young talent and draft picks to make things happen with Lebron it could hurt them for years after Lebron is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Sure but if they trade away young talent and draft picks to make things happen with Lebron it could hurt them for years after Lebron is gone.
        gotcha. otoh, if they can sign one significant free agent and lebron can stay healthy this upcoming season, the sky is the limit. even as constituted, they were pretty damn good before he went down with his injury. give him another star, we've seen what he can do.

it's crazy how people are jumping the gun on LAL experiment. this was never about the 2018-19 season. Now, they don't find anybody to pair with him this summer, we can start talking.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          gotcha. otoh, if they can sign one significant free agent and lebron can stay healthy this upcoming season, the sky is the limit. even as constituted, they were pretty damn good before he went down with his injury. give him another star, we've seen what he can do.

it's crazy how people are jumping the gun on LAL experiment. this was never about the 2018-19 season. Now, they don't find anybody to pair with him this summer, we can start talking.
          This is correct. The Lakers were a playoff team before Lebron went down. He’s probably not the best player in the NBA anymore, but he’s still great and if Kawhi or someone else comes over they could be a contender with the right supporting cast.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            This is correct. The Lakers were a playoff team before Lebron went down. He’s probably not the best player in the NBA anymore, but he’s still great and if Kawhi or someone else comes over they could be a contender with the right supporting cast.
            The Clippers seem like a much better destination for Kawhi.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• This blazers warriors game is sooooo much more watchable than that crap with Houston. There’s still flopping, but at least it’s not at the Paul/harden level
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I like having Durant on the team, but per an ESPN article I read earlier, in the past 30 games in which Curry has played and Durant has not, the Warriors are 29-1. The team offense is more fun to watch with KD on the bench.

Comment

• I’m in the Bay Area for work this week, and somehow fell into a suite ticket for tonight’s game. Fun game. I’m not a big fan of either team, or the NBA really, but the atmosphere was electric in the second half.
                  5BE6F725-476A-4A76-8DB6-A8AAAB18AD40.jpg

Comment

• Anyone expect Toronto to win the championship? How many games will the finals take?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MuhammadLila/sta...632538113?s=19
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• As a one-time Montrealer, I was taught to loathe Toronto. But it is a really great cosmopolitan city.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• I've long been a fan of his- courtside Drake, not so much. I love his enthusiasm. In fact just the others day I was commenting to friends how fun it is to watch Nav, and wondering if he was the owner.

Comment

• ESPN/ABC needs to stop acting like it's still 2005 and update this 720p nonsense. I can see the distinction between CBS and ABC/Fox.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              ESPN/ABC needs to stop acting like it's still 2005 and update this 720p nonsense. I can see the distinction between CBS and ABC/Fox.
                              Yeah, because that’s a bigger problem than ABC trotting out Breen/Jackson/VanGundy year after year.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Yeah, because that’s a bigger problem than ABC trotting out Breen/Jackson/VanGundy year after year.
                                It is. I don't mind Breen and Van Gundy. I don't know why they always bring back Mark Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X