NBA 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    agree, a ton of interesting story lines. in addition to those you mentioned,

how about the pelicans and how explosive they can be on offense with Mirotic, Brow, Etwan Moore (who is sizzling hot), Holiday and Julius Randle having a great year as the 6th man.

Also, Jaren Jackson as the youngest player in the league putting up 14 ppg and 3 blocks per game in November, starting for a Grizzlies team that is tied for 1st in the west - which is a story in it's own right.

read somewhere this morning about whether the Spurs should trade for Wall. I'm not a big fan of Wall, but that might actually be a decent fit - thought not sure who they'd have to part ways with to get him.
    The problem with John Wall is his salary jump after this season.

2019/20- 38 mill
    2020/21- 41 mill
    2012/22- 44 mill
    2022/23- 47 mill

SPurs would never pay that for him.

Beal is getting 25-27-29 the next 3 years as well.
    Porter 26-27-28 over the next 3.

Mahinmi- 16 per over the next 2

Wiz are in big trouble. Not sure how you unload those deals.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      The problem with John Wall is his salary jump after this season.

2019/20- 38 mill
      2020/21- 41 mill
      2012/22- 44 mill
      2022/23- 47 mill

SPurs would never pay that for him.

Beal is getting 25-27-29 the next 3 years as well.
      Porter 26-27-28 over the next 3.

Mahinmi- 16 per over the next 2

Wiz are in big trouble. Not sure how you unload those deals.
      ouch - hadn't looked at those salaries. they are screwed.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

it's a shame he's at the point where shooting is in his head and he hasn't been able to figure it out. the shooting talent is there.
        Yeah, I hope he bounces back. It's the look in his eyes that worries me the most.

I'm wearing a thunder jersey at work today. (Do not want to be here!) Chief is not amused.

Comment

• Does anyone know when they’ll drop this year’s Xmas jerseys? I can’t find them anywhere and they’ve always been available by now in the past.

Comment

• Seemd like there are a lot more 125+ point games this year. Several each day. And not just one team having a crazy day. Lots of times both teams are over 120. Houston and DC both scored 130+ tonight against each other.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Seemd like there are a lot more 125+ point games this year. Several each day. And not just one team having a crazy day. Lots of times both teams are over 120. Houston and DC both scored 130+ tonight against each other.
              Analytics. Teams are shooting the most efficient shots at a higher rate than ever before. It's also the reason for increased parity. Everybody is playing smart offensive basketball, so a team like Dallas that was supposed to suck can dominate a team like Houston that was supposed to be great. Conversely, NBA defenses are struggling to defend these efficient offenses.

Additionally, with the emphasis on shooting that we've seen in the last 10 or so years, guys are better shooters than ever before. Increasingly all five guys on the court can shoot- with obvious exceptions. But in general guys are better shooters overall and better from 3 pt range.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Hmm, makes sense. Thanks.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Bulls fire Fred Hoiberg and give the job to Jim Boylen. Bring back BoylenOver!!!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    The Bulls fire Fred Hoiberg and give the job to Jim Boylen. Bring back BoylenOver!!!
                    Obvious tank-job

Comment

• Markelle Fultz is such a mess. I wonder how much longer he’ll play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Obvious tank-job
                        First loss is in the books tonight!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Markelle Fultz is such a mess. I wonder how much longer he’ll play.
                          bizarre situation there, to be sure.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

bizarre situation there, to be sure.
                            Rick Ankiel, basketball version. But Fultz can’t move to the outfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              Rick Ankiel, basketball version. But Fultz can’t move to the outfield.
                              chuck knoblauch is another i thought of.

but now they are saying it is a shoulder issue - Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and they think it can be treated with therapy. though it is so strange that this dude has had access to the best medical folks money can buy for 2 or 3 years now and they are just figuring this out.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

chuck knoblauch is another i thought of.

but now they are saying it is a shoulder issue - Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and they think it can be treated with therapy. though it is so strange that this dude has had access to the best medical folks money can buy for 2 or 3 years now and they are just figuring this out.
                                Same thing that Nick Emery had surgery for. First rib resection.

Fultz has to be a neurological issue. Too big of a motor mess to just be psychological, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X