NBA 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Pretty sure Creek is a Jazz fan. PAC, on the other hand....
    creek is like 51-49 Jazz-Warriors. Babs’ point stands.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I'll bet Miami fans argued what warriors gamye are arguing now.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        I am a devoted Jazz fan, but have followed warriors as my local team whose games I have attended. In fact, just yesterday as I was returning from the Jazz/Kings season opener with two of my kids, we were reminiscing about the days of yore when they were young and the warriors were crappy and for $100 you could get a family pack of four tickets, four hotdogs, four bags of chips and four drinks. It was a nice deal and we used to go as often as we could to see the Jazz or other interesting teams come into town. I now don't often go to the warriors (usually only when Jazz are in town) as ticket prices are sky high. Before the league pass, however, the only team I could watch on TV all the time was the warriors so I have always followed them pretty closely.

As to Babs' point, what was it exactly? Sort of a Bernie Sanders approach to NBA talent? Spread it equally! Everybody gets a trophy! I am for open labor markets even if it does mean that sometimes teams get a concentration of talent. (I am curious what a 'hyper' concentration of talent is. I am guessing it means when your most important player goes elsewhere, leaving you hyper about someone else's talent). It is sort of amusing that a fan of the Thunder complains about Durant leaving town as a free agent, given that the Thunder only exists in OKC because the team stiffed the city of Seattle. It happens. As a Jazz fan I know full well that the NBA labor markets dont favor small market teams. Life goes on.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          As to Babs' point, what was it exactly? Sort of a Bernie Sanders approach to NBA talent? Spread it equally! Everybody gets a trophy!
          Yup. That’s exactly what I said.

Let me know when you hear of anyone outside California advocating the new regime as a way to increase interest in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Yup. That’s exactly what I said.

Let me know when you hear of anyone outside California advocating the new regime as a way to increase interest in the sport.
            I know you are a youngster, but you may not have noticed that this has always been the way of the league. Boston won 8 titles IN A ROW. Lebron's superteam efforts have done nothing but increase interest. Its just how it goes. You can either accept it or do what, exactly? COmplain because KD left town? To what end? The warriors are very, very good. ANd there is a lot of interest in other teams trying to beat them.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I know you are a youngster.
              lol knock it off she’s like 50
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                It’s all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

It's the new 60, sweetheart.

Comment

It's the new 60, sweetheart.
                    Are those cat eye glasses your smiley is wearing?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Are those cat eye glasses your smiley is wearing?
                      BFBE6722-8DF1-443E-BA24-71398A88949F.jpg

Comment

35 pts, 11 assists, with just 1 TO for Trae Young tonight.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          35 pts, 11 assists, with just 1 TO for Trae Young tonight.
                          After laying an egg in the first three quarters, Trae helped the Hawks come back from 26 points back to beat the Mavs. He looked positively average as a rookie today but stepped his game up when it mattered.

Comment

[ATTACH]9162[/ATTACH]
                            I think you look great.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

After laying an egg in the first three quarters, Trae helped the Hawks come back from 26 points back to beat the Mavs. He looked positively average as a rookie today but stepped his game up when it mattered.
                              yeah, it was a rough go for the first three quarters - Pierce has been letting him play through struggles for the most part early in the year, but the Hawks were better without him and Pierce let him sit for long stretches. but yeah, he was money as a ballhandler and FT maker down the stretch and helped them to the win. he's not as good a shooter as he showed in november and december last year so he will have those stretches where shots don't fall, but he's a wizard as a passer and he's a high bball iq guy, so i think he will be fine until he can improve the shooting over the next few years.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

[ATTACH]9162[/ATTACH]
                                Swear on everything that looks exactly like my aunt.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X