Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-2019 Season

Default NBA 2018-2019 Season

Draft day. Predictions?

Also, Is anyone else finding their image of the stoic Kawhi Leonard has been significantly tarnished by his demand to be traded to LA? I wonder whether he really was injured last year (and, if he was, is he now damaged goods)?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Holy crap, Ayton's parents are tiny. So are Mo Bamba's.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Also, 3 of the first 5 suits were normal. Didn't' expect that.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Trae Young with the shorts suit.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

No ADA ramp for Zhaire Smith's dad. That was awkward. Somewhere in Alpine,Utah, Adam is frantically calling NBA HQ trying to reach Smith's agent . . .
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Adam Silver is such a strange looking guy but I really like him.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    No ADA ramp for Zhaire Smith's dad. That was awkward. Somewhere in Alpine,Utah, Adam is frantically calling NBA HQ trying to reach Smith's agent . . .
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

With Huerter gone, I guess Grayson Allen is the guy that's going to play in the backcourt with Mitchell?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

lol
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    With Huerter gone, I guess Grayson Allen is the guy that's going to play in the backcourt with Mitchell?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Hmmph.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hmmph.
    Honestly, haven't we all been able to see that it's been Lebron every year for a good long time now? It seems the NBA feels it's best for the league to spread it around, but we all know who it really is, just like all those years that Jordan didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Honestly, haven't we all been able to see that it's been Lebron every year for a good long time now? It seems the NBA feels it's best for the league to spread it around, but we all know who it really is, just like all those years that Jordan didn't win.
    shhhhh don't tell that to Jazz fans...
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    shhhhh don't tell that to Jazz fans...
    Meh, Malone wasn't the best player. It was just like the people that have got the MVP over Bron Bron with the exception of Curry's MVP. Curry absolutely deserved the MVP that year even over LeBron James.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I think it just depends. I dont think Russell was always statistically dominant but he deserved his MVP awards.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Paul George to re-sign with OKC

I guess I’m not seeing the reasons behind that. They couldn’t even beat the Jazz in the playoffs so not sure why he wouldn’t go somewhere to contend for a title, like LA with LeBron...
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

I guess I’m not seeing the reasons behind that. They couldn’t even beat the Jazz in the playoffs so not sure why he wouldn’t go somewhere to contend for a title, like LA with LeBron...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkjJ8Z9n...=19vxtwivea1kv
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

He calls himself Playoff P. Not the brightest bulb.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Boogie Cousins to the freaking Warriors. This is getting silly.

The lebronkers are screwed if they don't get kawhi. The have signed a bunch of misfits to surround LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post

The lebronkers are screwed if they don't get kawhi. The have signed a bunch of misfits to surround LeBron.
    Pairing Rondo with Lonzo? That is the dumbest plan I have ever heard.

The NBA is falling into a black hole where only two/three teams are going to be relevant. Fans are going to quit going to games and quit supporting their hometown teams.

5.3 million for one year... means there's a conspiracy out there somewhere.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Has there ever been a better starting five than Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, and Cousins? All of them are legit all-stars... right now.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I've never been a fan of Cousins, and with Draymond the W's were already well-staffed with players to go after the refs. But I confess I like the idea of starting (eventually) five legit all-stars.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Has there ever been a better starting five than Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, and Cousins? All of them are legit all-stars... right now.
    Well Boogie is coming off an Achilles injury so there’s that but he is a perfect fit even if he is never as good as he has been.

He can pass, he can space the floor. He will be impossible to double team with all those shooters on the court.

That will be a fun team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I've never been a fan of Cousins, and with Draymond the W's were already well-staffed with players to go after the refs. But I confess I like the idea of starting (eventually) five legit all-stars.
    Well, now that they are on the same team, they won't all be all-stars.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post

It's a one-year deal for Boogie. The Lakers won't be contending next year regardless. Who knows, Boogie will probably end up in LA next year with Kawhi
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Rockets fans on the radio this morning were very upset at the NBA and Adam silver for allowing the Warriors to sign Boogie. I guess they are upset at the concentration of talent...which is funny given their clamoring to sign LeBron just a couple days ago. Seems a bit ironic, don’t you think?

Why are so many players whining about Boogie's move? It's called being a free agent. He can go wherever he wants. He wants to get healthy so he can get a true max contract? He wants to win a ring? He wants to live in the bay area instead of NOLA (NOLA is fun to visit but man that heat and humidity...). He can do whatever he wants. He can take less, or more. This is the right that all players want. And the right that they will all have unless they give it up by signing contracts/extensions. So Boogie bets on himself for a year at 5.3 million. So what?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Why are so many players whining about Boogie's move? It's called being a free agent. He can go wherever he wants. He wants to get healthy so he can get a true max contract? He wants to win a ring? He wants to live in the bay area instead of NOLA (NOLA is fun to visit but man that heat and humidity...). He can do whatever he wants. He can take less, or more. This is the right that all players want. And the right that they will all have unless they give it up by signing contracts/extensions. So Boogie bets on himself for a year at 5.3 million. So what?
    You really don't know why?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!