NBA 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Oh brother. Its not like free agency is over. Maybe he was asking for a max contract and got ZERO max offers? So he decided to get a ring while he rehabs and then gets his next big contract.

Or, you could be right, and a 25 ppg big man coming off an all-star year is probably worth the MLE only.Those guys are a dime a dozen.
    Who cares? He can do whatever he wants is the point. He is worth whatever someone will pay but he gets to go wherever he wants among those offers. Nonetheless, the agent said he had received ZERO offers. No counters, no responses. Is that true? No idea. But to me it simply doesn't matter.

Btw, I am sure you realize that Boogie carries a lot of baggage. I, for one, cannot stand him. But he can do what he wants.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      uh because the warriors have all all stars in starting lineup. and most players dont lose on on 10 to 15 million per year just to go to the warriors
      So? They could.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I respect Boogie taking a pretty huge gamble. If he’s the brooding, malcontent he seems the Warriors don’t win the title next year and he cost himself 30 million? If they win and Steve Kerr, Steph and KD sing his praises he has a ring and a max deal wherever he wants to go. Ballsy, I like it.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Who cares? He can do whatever he wants is the point. He is worth whatever someone will pay but he gets to go wherever he wants among those offers. Nonetheless, the agent said he had received ZERO offers. No counters, no responses. Is that true? No idea. But to me it simply doesn't matter.

Btw, I am sure you realize that Boogie carries a lot of baggage. I, for one, cannot stand him. But he can do what he wants.
          Lots of people care. You seem to care quite a bit, for one.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lots of people care. You seem to care quite a bit, for one.
            I admit I care that there are so many lame arguments against what he is doing.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I respect Boogie taking a pretty huge gamble. If he’s the brooding, malcontent he seems the Warriors don’t win the title next year and he cost himself 30 million? If they win and Steve Kerr, Steph and KD sing his praises he has a ring and a max deal wherever he wants to go. Ballsy, I like it.
              Agreed.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I watched a fair number of Kings games with Cousins while Jimmer was there. While Cousins is a very good player, I didn't think of him as All-Star level. He averaged pretty good numbers but seemed to be neutralized by taller defenders. Since he was mostly playing the 5, he was often facing off against taller guys. I don't think I saw him in any Pelican games this season, but I imagine he was probably playing the majority of his minutes at the 4 with Davis at the 5. That was probably a much better fit for his skill set. I wonder what position Golden State is expecting him to play.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

It's a good move by the Warriors too... keeps Booger from going to the Lakers and helping them.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    It's a good move by the Warriors too... keeps Booger from going to the Lakers and helping them.
                    Um, he’ll be a laker next season
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Um, he’ll be a laker next season
                      I'm trying hard to spin this in my direction... but I have to admit you're right.

UPDATE TWO HOURS LATER

My son just told me that LBJ vetoed Booger to the Lakers. With Mcgee, Lance Stephenson, and Rondo... LBJ thinks so little of Booger that he didn't want him and cast him off to the Warriors.
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 07-03-2018, 07:51 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post

Saying now Boogie turned down 2 years/$40M from the Pelicans at the end of the season. Guess all he could get was that MLE.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-peli...004515477.html
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Looks like Kawhi is going to Toronto in exchange for DeMar Rosen (and some other stuff). Kawhi has said he has no interest in being in Toronto. This could get interesting.

Lots of NBA players tweeting about the lack of loyalty in the NBA, especially in response to Rosen's trade. Have they never heard of trades before?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Looks like Kawhi is going to Toronto in exchange for DeMar Rosen (and some other stuff). Kawhi has said he has no interest in being in Toronto. This could get interesting.

Lots of NBA players tweeting about the lack of loyalty in the NBA, especially in response to Rosen's trade. Have they never heard of trades before?
                            GFY
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              GFY
                              lol

This response made me think Andre Miller was somehow involved.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Ah, Mr. Rosen. The great Jewish hope.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X