Standout at Jr Simplots alma mater going to arc,s alma mater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standout at Jr Simplots alma mater going to arc,s alma mater

He practically carried the Hornets in football. I seen him play basketball. He is good. Says he does not plan to go on mission right now. Can be active in other ways. Up to him. No compulsion. However all people are blessed for serving missions and Prophets said Priesthood duty. Can,t use personal revelation as excuse since the Lord does not reveal individually what he has revealed collectively. May go. Several rm football players at Rc,s alma mater. Should do ok.

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
    He practically carried the Hornets in football. I seen him play basketball. He is good. Says he does not plan to go on mission right now. Can be active in other ways. Up to him. No compulsion. However all people are blessed for serving missions and Prophets said Priesthood duty. Can,t use personal revelation as excuse since the Lord does not reveal individually what he has revealed collectively. May go. Several rm football players at Rc,s alma mater. Should do ok.
    I went and watched Keegan Duncan play a couple of the playoff games at Holt Arena last year. I also saw him at about 3 track meets this past year.

1.) He absolutely possesses next level size and speed. He is a legitimate 6'3" and 215 and is a legit sub 11 100, sub 22 200 and a 48 second 400 kid. That is a rare combination of size and speed and likely the kid has what is required in that area to compete professionally. I can't really comment on his agility, ability to cut on a dime as I never saw him play hoops and in football his straight ahead speed is so dominating at the Idaho 2A level that it was never necessary to do anything other than outrun the opponents.

2.) When I watched him play football I had no idea what kind of "football player" he was. What I mean by "football player" was a kid like Jamaal Williams. Keegan has better measurables than Jamaal but I have no clue if the kid is physical - my supposition is he is not but I will get into that. On offense Keegan is so dominating, and his team was good enough to likely still have won a state championship without him, that he just ran away from kids and we never got to see how he deals with contact. I can't tell if he is vicious and wanting to deliver a blow like Jamaal. I think if he is going to be good as a RB in college he is going to have to be aggressive and physical - once again he might be but my point is he is so much better and faster than every defender on the field there was no way to tell.

3.) I was underwhelmed by what he did on defense. This is where my skepticism of whether or not he has the physical mentality/aggression it will take to be a successful RB in college originates. I was expecting him to just absolutely decimate opposing offenses. He was one of the biggest defenders on his team and in most cases he was usually as big as anyone on the opposing teams offense. He was also the fastest kid on the field by aaaaaa lotttttt..... Hence, I was just expecting him to obliterate the opposing offense. It never seemed to happen. I never saw him get beat and it was still obvious he was more gifted and part of this might be that Keegan was coached to just do his job on defense and never step out of that role. As I said the Declo Hornets likely would have still won/competed for the State Championship with Keegan - they were that much better than everyone else- so part of that might have been by design, but when I think of a kid with Keegan's measurables on the field at the Idaho 2A level I was just expecting him to be more on defense. I recognize part of my underwhelming might be because my expectations were too high but it led me to wonder to whether or not he will be able to adjust to the physical nature of football at the college level.

4.) In college I think it likely he will be either a big WR or a TE. I am just skeptical about his capacity to run the ball or play defense.

5.) I wished he would pick BYU. I loves me the rural Idaho boys and there are few places more rural than Declo.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      I went and watched Keegan Duncan play a couple of the playoff games at Holt Arena last year. I also saw him at about 3 track meets this past year.

1.) He absolutely possesses next level size and speed. He is a legitimate 6'3" and 215 and is a legit sub 11 100, sub 22 200 and a 48 second 400 kid. That is a rare combination of size and speed and likely the kid has what is required in that area to compete professionally. I can't really comment on his agility, ability to cut on a dime as I never saw him play hoops and in football his straight ahead speed is so dominating at the Idaho 2A level that it was never necessary to do anything other than outrun the opponents.

2.) When I watched him play football I had no idea what kind of "football player" he was. What I mean by "football player" was a kid like Jamaal Williams. Keegan has better measurables than Jamaal but I have no clue if the kid is physical - my supposition is he is not but I will get into that. On offense Keegan is so dominating, and his team was good enough to likely still have won a state championship without him, that he just ran away from kids and we never got to see how he deals with contact. I can't tell if he is vicious and wanting to deliver a blow like Jamaal. I think if he is going to be good as a RB in college he is going to have to be aggressive and physical - once again he might be but my point is he is so much better and faster than every defender on the field there was no way to tell.

3.) I was underwhelmed by what he did on defense. This is where my skepticism of whether or not he has the physical mentality/aggression it will take to be a successful RB in college originates. I was expecting him to just absolutely decimate opposing offenses. He was one of the biggest defenders on his team and in most cases he was usually as big as anyone on the opposing teams offense. He was also the fastest kid on the field by aaaaaa lotttttt..... Hence, I was just expecting him to obliterate the opposing offense. It never seemed to happen. I never saw him get beat and it was still obvious he was more gifted and part of this might be that Keegan was coached to just do his job on defense and never step out of that role. As I said the Declo Hornets likely would have still won/competed for the State Championship with Keegan - they were that much better than everyone else- so part of that might have been by design, but when I think of a kid with Keegan's measurables on the field at the Idaho 2A level I was just expecting him to be more on defense. I recognize part of my underwhelming might be because my expectations were too high but it led me to wonder to whether or not he will be able to adjust to the physical nature of football at the college level.

4.) In college I think it likely he will be either a big WR or a TE. I am just skeptical about his capacity to run the ball or play defense.

5.) I wished he would pick BYU. I loves me the rural Idaho boys and there are few places more rural than Declo.
      Does he have any reason to be interested in BYU? I see he might be LDS given grapevine's statements but do his parents have any connection to BYU?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Does he have any reason to be interested in BYU? I see he might be LDS given grapevine's statements but do his parents have any connection to BYU?
        http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports...213454754.html

He committed to BSU on Tuesday. I guess he ran for 2800 yards last year. I feel sorry for all those 150 lb defense lineman in Idaho 2A football that had to try and stop this kid. It will be interesting to see how well he does at the college level.

Comment

He hurt his hip against RC,s neighbors and they barely won. People that spend time in a field that provides what's in our pop and candy. Don,t know if he will be able to play in Goats neck of the woods this week or not. Our neighbors in not so good smelling town were going to play Goats town,s jv, they didn,t field varsity, but that fell through.

Neighboring town of frosty isle defunct south of ice caves jv only this year. Asked about a co op staying 1a but stinky town said no. They did pass school bond today though. Our town not Lincoln County town with regular varsity team this year.

We're going to play Lou Dobbs alma maters jv 8 11 combo fell through though. Picked up central Idaho diggers of what is underground. Play in game Don,t count as game and Indian res no fb, so Friday will get to see someone with ranger under scoreboard and beat there team. They got throttled by the eastern side of Jerome County.

Comment

I don’t think Duncan is playing anywhere this year. Teammate is at Lavell Alma mater. Got hurt at bsu. I think his brother went on mission but not sure how active his family is in the church. Woman maybe what I heard. Colton Loveland from Gooding signed with who BYU beat for national championship. Don’t know if he is that caliber. Senators had a few small division kids play.

neighbors of ours commuted told tv reporter he hoped to play in pros. Now going to bullfighting school. To protect cowboys. Doubt they will play a down of college ball. See how Loveland does.

even star athletes in HIGH School most they are not guaranteed stardom in College, hey day is behind them. Just see what Loveland does at next level or if he is that good. Heard Stanford and USU were looking at our neighbors. Even BYU though madre anti LDS, padre tolerant. I laughed they were not that good just big talkers. Padre was bill fighter at a couple nfr rodeos too. Met TSM at rodeo. Wished them lunch and he got gored.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
              Can,t use personal revelation as excuse since the Lord does not reveal individually what he has revealed collectively. May go. Several rm football players at Rc,s alma mater. Should do ok.
              This is great

Comment

Working...
              X