No announcement yet.

Life's Little Pleasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C seats. Not having them right now has me understanding what a little pleasure they are.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Thanks. The big pleasure will happen when I recoup the R&D costs which came out of my pocket. Current sales are funding our first real production run. Up to this point we've only been building one or two at a time while I tweak the design. Sales from this production run will allow me to break even and realize a decent amount of profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Thanks. The big pleasure will happen when I recoup the R&D costs which came out of my pocket. Current sales are funding our first real production run. Up to this point we've only been building one or two at a time while I tweak the design. Sales from this production run will allow me to break even and realize a decent amount of profit.
        More details.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          When you go into the boss' office to tell him you haven't finished your deliverables, only to find that he called out sick that day.
          Almost as good as being in a meeting when the boss asks about deliverables that are due, only to hear that the other two department heads aren't ready yet either with theirs and the deadline has been extended.

Comment

Your small kids' faces when you bring them home a small unexpected gift for no reason. Your baby's face when you go in to get him out of his crib in the morning. The calm that comes over the house when the kids are finally in bed for the night. Laughing uncontrollably with your siblings. Crisp October Saturday afternoons made for football.

Comment

Watching my kids play in the pool. It’s a completely unstructured play time and they take full advantage. T brings pure joy to their faces, especially when a friend or two are over.

Finishing a jigsaw puzzle
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                A/C seats. Not having them right now has me understanding what a little pleasure they are.
                This. A thousand times this. I love my AC seats and white car now that the summer heat/humidity is here.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Getting all green lights down a busy street.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

walking in a snow storm on a calm night with with just enough snow on the ground to crunch under your feet.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Pulling out your Oh Mai punch card and realizing that your next meal is going to be free.

Having one of your kids come and tell you that you were right about something and they should've listened.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Your small kids' faces when you bring them home a small unexpected gift for no reason. Your baby's face when you go in to get him out of his crib in the morning. The calm that comes over the house when the kids are finally in bed for the night. Laughing uncontrollably with your siblings. Crisp October Saturday afternoons made for football.
                        this shit brings a tear to my eye bro
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Seven year old boys fishing.
                          Whales feeding and lazing off shore.

We've got our Utah relatives up here in Oregon this week, and they rented a place in Lincoln City that is right on the sand. I cleared the schedule yesterday and we drove to the beach to spend the day with them. The mother of the Spencer (the seven year old) told a funny story about how he approached her before the vacation and asked if he was going to be able to do any fishing on this long road trip. She said she didn't know for sure, but he was welcome to bring his fishing gear with him and if they found a place they would let him fish. So were just sitting in a big circle talking and eating lunch and Spencer comes up to me and asks me if I know of a good place to go fishing around here. I looked to the mom for a directional cue and she nodded ok... so said, pointing inland, that there's a place over there called Devil's Lake and people have been known to fish from the shore, or from a dock, or from a boat. He said thanks... he heads off to his room and comes back with a rod and reel, a tackle box, and a hat, and says to his dad... I'm ready to go fishing. The dad looks to the mom and she says, looks like he's ready to do some fishing... do you want to take him. The dad is anxious to blow the scene anyway... and because of licensing... Spencer is the only one to fish. Dad and son take off to go fishing. Turns out the dad googled a boat rental place on Devil's lake and got a aluminum skiff with an outboard and motored Spencer around the lake and dropped the line in a few places and caught some fish. They released the fish telling Spencer they were too small and needed to grow more, or that there was too much food at the house so there was no real good reason to kill the fish. Anyway... Spence comes back happy as a clam and with huge pleasure and excitement told his mom and everyone all about his fishing adventure. The whole thing beginning to end was so cute as he took his fishing seriously and got it done.

As Spencer was fishing, the family went down to the sand and hung out along the waters edge. All of a sudden my BIL shouts "Thar she blows!" Sure enough a whale breached and a puff of water spouted about 300 yards from shore just where we were. Soon there was another, and another, and for the next three hours several whales frolicked just off shore from us. You could see their flukes splash and one even breached the water and splashed side ways. It was the first time I'd eve seen such a thing and was fun for our Utah relatives to see it too on their visit with us.
                          Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-14-2018, 06:23 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            This. A thousand times this. I love my AC seats and white car now that the summer heat/humidity is here.
                            We get it. You have a sweet ride. I might want that if I lived in Texas too.

Comment

Sunday morning runs or bike rides. In Davis County, you have the road or trail to yourself. And summer sunrises In solitude are more spiritual than most church meetings that come later.

The excitement on grandkids faces when they come to visit, and the quiet in the house after they leave.

The feel of a purely struck golf ball.

The anticipation of continuing a new really great book or tv series. That feeling of looking forward to when you’ll have a free hour or two. It’s far more common to find yourself in the middle of an ok or pretty good book or series, which makes me appreciate more the feeling when the great ones come along.

Saturday lunch at Caputos with the wife, and wandering the farmers market in Pioneer Park afterwards. Oh, and the black and white cookie from Carlucci’s for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                                Sunday morning runs or bike rides. In Davis County, you have the road or trail to yourself. And summer sunrises In solitude are more spiritual than most church meetings that come later.

The excitement on grandkids faces when they come to visit, and the quiet in the house after they leave.

The feel of a purely struck golf ball.

The anticipation of continuing a new really great book or tv series. That feeling of looking forward to when you’ll have a free hour or two. It’s far more common to find yourself in the middle of an ok or pretty good book or series, which makes me appreciate more the feeling when the great ones come along.

Saturday lunch at Caputos with the wife, and wandering the farmers market in Pioneer Park afterwards. Oh, and the black and white cookie from Carlucci’s for dessert.
                                Golf in the Kingdom - Haven't read that book in 25 years or so. It's true... a well struck golf ball, the flite in the air, and the landing where it's supposed to be is one of life's greatest pleasures. Recently hit a baby draw three wood off the tee to 3 feet, on a 220 par three.

If I had only made the putt it would be a better story.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X