Life's Little Pleasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    It would be no small pleasure to watch Walter deal with his son marrying into an uber-Mormon family. Even better if they are Marvel fans.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      For a second there I thought was reading about Kugr's perfect day.
      Haha. That still makes me laugh. Classic.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Haha. That still makes me laugh. Classic.
        I still haven't been properly thanked for making this a part of people's lives.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          I still haven't been properly thanked for making this a part of people's lives.
          Thank you!!!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            A well struck four iron and sitting in a group at 25 mph.
            Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Watching a golf major in background while you work. Makes eight work days a year much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                Watching a golf major in background while you work. Makes eight work days a year much better.
                I don't do that with golf, but I love working when some kind of sport is playing on the tv. During football season I love going into my office late on a Saturday night and knock out the mundane with games on in the background. I can't do it with BYU games.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I don't do that with golf, but I love working when some kind of sport is playing on the tv. During football season I love going into my office late on a Saturday night and knock out the mundane with games on in the background. I can't do it with BYU games.
                  I do a lot with soccer. Champions League games are mid week early afternoon or early morning on weekend. Looking forward to having World Cup soccer available that way.

Comment

Knowing my wife is on the phone with one of our kids, and I'm thinking, "What fresh hell is this?," and then after listening for awhile, she laughs. And not just a courtesy laugh or nervous guffaw, but one of genuine delight. Happens a lot, and yet I'm always wary when the call comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      I wish I only had to work 8 days a year.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Fresh Hell... going to incorporate that into my broken dad lamentations.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

In the last few months I've been designing and refining the manufacturing process for a mechanical product for boats. This week, with only a bit of word of mouth advertising, my partner and I had our first sales totaling $8k. That was pleasurable. It's also going to induce some stress as our ability to produce my be outstripped by demand. Time will tell.

Comment

Should have been posted last night, sipping 1.5 ounces of bourbon, whiskey, or whisky neat after a long day.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              In the last few months I've been designing and refining the manufacturing process for a mechanical product for boats. This week, with only a bit of word of mouth advertising, my partner and I had our first sales totaling $8k. That was pleasurable. It's also going to induce some stress as our ability to produce my be outstripped by demand. Time will tell.
                              Business breakthrough? That sounds more like a big pleasure.

Congrats, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Knowing my wife is on the phone with one of our kids, and I'm thinking, "What fresh hell is this?," and then after listening for awhile, she laughs. And not just a courtesy laugh or nervous guffaw, but one of genuine delight. Happens a lot, and yet I'm always wary when the call comes in.
                                LOL. I know the feeling. And the relief that comes with a 'no strings attached' call.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X