Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life's Little Pleasures

Default Life's Little Pleasures

Post your little pleasures. No big ones allowed.

Anytime you can use the phrase "tout suite" in conversation.

When the waitress gives you a fiver and five one's in change, and you push the entire stack back at her.

When you go into the boss' office to tell him you haven't finished your deliverables, only to find that he called out sick that day.

watching my kids sleep, eat, doing homework, or something simple when they have no idea that I am watching.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

When my dogs are waiting for me by the door. Doesn't matter if I've been gone to work all day, or just ran to the store. Every time I walk through the door it is Christmas morning for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    watching my kids sleep, eat, doing homework, or something simple when they have no idea that I am watching.
    Yeah... I'm a bit a creeper too. Watching people when they have no idea. I usually go for the younger moms at church though.

Back on topic.... Nice long hot bath... and a ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper when you get out.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Yeah... I'm a bit a creeper too. Watching people when they have no idea. I usually go for the younger moms at church though.

Back on topic.... Nice long hot bath... and a ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper when you get out.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Listening to kids talk about nothing important at dinner.
    Walking dogs at sunset.
    Firing up wood-pellet stove and having brunch on deck (hopefully stove won't be needed soon).

having little kids that still like me. my 7 year old's happy demeanor, her laugh and overall willingness to laugh. whenever my 18 year old daughter leaves the house for an extended period of time. double cheeseburgers. the nba draft. the difference reading glasses make. cold milk.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

The way my son takes so much joy in Pokemon Go raids. The way he yells out in excitement which Pokemon and loves when his Dragonite does Draco Meteor. How happy he is to show people at the raids his latest catches and how he takes so much enjoyment in sharing with his Pokemon friends.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    having little kids that still like me. my 7 year old's happy demeanor, her laugh and overall willingness to laugh. whenever my 18 year old daughter leaves the house for an extended period of time. double cheeseburgers. the nba draft. the difference reading glasses make. cold milk.
    smr’s daughter takes are my favorite
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

brutal
    Last edited by falafel; 06-13-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Oatly milk. The only cows milk substitute that actually is better than cows milk.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    [/B]

brutal
    I hope you are only referring to the daughter part, because the other things you bolded are pure joy!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I hope you are only referring to the daughter part, because the other things you bolded are pure joy!
    Edited. Thank you for pointing that out.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

What are her plans? Are you kicking her out on her arse?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    What are her plans? Are you kicking her out on her arse?
    She's working this summer, going to uvu in the fall. Kicking her out has been discussed because she continues to be mean and ignore our rules. But she hasn't done anything where she crosses a line- just general selfishness and unpleasant behaviorb that grates on you. I really can't see myself kicking her out- that's drastic and her "crimes" don't warrant it. She is at work a lot, with her loser boyfriend a lot, so we just enjoy when she isn't around.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Dinner on our shaded back patio on a dry cool utah summer evening.

Watching TV in bed.

Biting into that first smoked pork rib.

Sleeping in and then having a nice breakfast.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

She's working this summer, going to uvu in the fall. Kicking her out has been discussed because she continues to be mean and ignore our rules. But she hasn't done anything where she crosses a line- just general selfishness and unpleasant behaviorb that grates on you. I really can't see myself kicking her out- that's drastic and her "crimes" don't warrant it. She is at work a lot, with her loser boyfriend a lot, so we just enjoy when she isn't around.
    Going away to school at least it's an end in sight. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Dinner on our shaded back patio on a dry cool utah summer evening.

Watching TV in bed.

Biting into that first smoked pork rib.

Sleeping in and then having a nice breakfast.
    For a second there I thought was reading about Kugr's perfect day.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    The way my son takes so much joy in Pokemon Go raids. The way he yells out in excitement which Pokemon and loves when his Dragonite does Draco Meteor. How happy he is to show people at the raids his latest catches and how he takes so much enjoyment in sharing with his Pokemon friends.
    Heh. I played Pokemon Go with my son back when it came out two summers ago. Dang, those were some good times; just walking around the local parks during the twilight hours, chatting and waiting for Mom to call and tell us it was way past time to return home. Now he is almost two feet taller and has traded his interest in Pokemon for interest in the Stake President's daughter. :/
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Going away to school at least it's an end in sight. Good luck.
    ha. she is going to live with us. at least at the beginning.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

ha. she is going to live with us. at least at the beginning.
    Nooooooooooo!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!
    lol.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Friday afternoons. Sitting on the throne with a good book.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

For a second there I thought was reading about Kugr's perfect day.
    Bwhahaha. Aren't Kugr and JL about the same age?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

pure baby draw around the corner on a dogleg left.

a three point swish in rhythm after a receiving a perfect pass.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Heh. I played Pokemon Go with my son back when it came out two summers ago. Dang, those were some good times; just walking around the local parks during the twilight hours, chatting and waiting for Mom to call and tell us it was way past time to return home. Now he is almost two feet taller and has traded his interest in Pokemon for interest in the Stake President's daughter. :/
    It would be no small pleasure to watch Walter deal with his son marrying into an uber-Mormon family. Even better if they are Marvel fans.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    smr’s daughter takes are my favorite
    Beat me to it.

Beating my 13-year-old repeatedly at a local park in "Pig".
    My 10-year-old giving me a hug almost every day when I come home.
    Playing rhyming games with my 8-year-old.
    Hearing my wife laugh.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

A well struck four iron and sitting in a group at 25 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I've fully embraced Pokemon Go. It has been such a great time with my son. He looks forward to the monthly community days and events that they do now. He will talk for weeks with anticipation about community days and the new legendary Pokemon.

Now if I could just get a damn Shiny Kyogre.
    --SeattleUte