X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL 2026 US/Canada/Mexico World Cup Thread

I hope we qualify.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Awesome. We've got 7-8 guys age 20 and younger that have started the last few friendlies, all playing in Europe or on their way, with great futures. If they develop and there are more in line behind them, who knows maybe in 8 years we'll be in a position to make some noise.

Comment

Houston should get a couple games. Should be fun to attend.

This also means USA auto qualifies right? Guess that would be good since t would be embarrassing to not qualify on our home turf.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Houston should get a couple games. Should be fun to attend.

This also means USA auto qualifies right? Guess that would be good since t would be embarrassing to not qualify on our home turf.
          Autoqualify spots are to be determined. We will be hosting 3/4 of the matches so chances are we will get an autoqualify spot
          But even if we dont, the world cup finals is expanded to eleventy billion teams in 2026. CONCACAF will have at least 6 spots, and maybe more. If we can't qualify under that scenario we really should stop playing the sport.

Comment

george will vs nick hornby 01.jpg
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Can't wait for the Eur-Asia World Cup of 2030! Games to be held from Portugal to Tokyo.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I plan to attend games in all three countries, with as many in Canada as I can. This is really cool.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  I plan to attend games in all three countries, with as many in Canada as I can. This is really cool.
                  Why the Canada love?

I may go back for the Tim Hortons.

Comment

Working...
                  X