Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: 2018 US Open - Game and Talk.

  1. #61
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,087

    Default

    Heard some dumb US Open talk after the final on ESPN radio (one of the dumb weekend shows like Grimly & Schoz or whatever). One of the hosts was railing on the difficulty of the course, pointing out how many of the best golfers didn't even make the cut. His examples:

    Tiger
    Phil (uh, Phil did make the cut)
    Ernie Els
    Bubba Watson
    Danny Willet

    He didn't even mention any of the golfers that are actually good and relevant that missed the cut, like Rory, Jason Day, Spieth, Jon Rahm, Kuchar, Sergio, etc.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  2. #62
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    PAYOUT BREAKDOWN (TOP 50)
    1. $2,160,000
    2. $1,296,000
    3. $804,023
    4. $563,642
    5. $469,460
    6. $416,263
    7. $375,278
    8. $336,106
    9. $304,188
    10. $279,403
    11. $254,981
    12. $235,757
    13. $219,677
    14. $202,751
    15. $188,243
    16. $176,153
    17. $166,481
    18. $156,809
    19. $147,137
    20. $137,464
    21. $129,122
    22. $120,780
    23. $112,680
    24. $105,184
    25. $98,655
    26. $93,094
    27. $88,862
    28. $85,114
    29. $81,487
    30. $77,860
    31. $74,233
    32. $70,606
    33. $66,979
    34. $63,715
    35. $61,055
    36. $58,395
    37. $55,856
    38. $53,438
    39. $51,020
    40. $48,602
    41. $46,184
    42. $43,766
    43. $41,348
    44. $38,930
    45. $36,512
    46. $34,336
    47. $32,159
    48. $30,104
    49. $28,895
    50. $27,686

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  3. #63
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default



    Katy Lied is the Winner

    $3,991,125


    Total domination... she should have put money on her pre tourney picks.... she nailed the winner, 3rd place, 4th place, and 5th place.

    In many years of doing this, not even DH has done such a good job of picking a team...

    Her reward is picking the format for the British Open... Knowing her I'm sure she'll come up with a proper format.

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  4. #64
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    PAYOUT BREAKDOWN (TOP 50)
    1. $2,160,000
    2. $1,296,000
    3. $804,023
    4. $563,642
    5. $469,460
    6. $416,263
    7. $375,278
    8. $336,106
    9. $304,188
    10. $279,403
    11. $254,981
    12. $235,757
    13. $219,677
    14. $202,751
    15. $188,243
    16. $176,153
    17. $166,481
    18. $156,809
    19. $147,137
    20. $137,464
    21. $129,122
    22. $120,780
    23. $112,680
    24. $105,184
    25. $98,655
    26. $93,094
    27. $88,862
    28. $85,114
    29. $81,487
    30. $77,860
    31. $74,233
    32. $70,606
    33. $66,979
    34. $63,715
    35. $61,055
    36. $58,395
    37. $55,856
    38. $53,438
    39. $51,020
    40. $48,602
    41. $46,184
    42. $43,766
    43. $41,348
    44. $38,930
    45. $36,512
    46. $34,336
    47. $32,159
    48. $30,104
    49. $28,895
    50. $27,686
    That putt Patrick Reed missed on 18 cost him nearly $250,000.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That putt Patrick Reed missed on 18 cost him nearly $250,000.
    The atrocious 18th cost Finau 335k

  6. #66
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    The atrocious 18th cost Finau 335k
    Yep. Maybe Tony has has DJ at Whistling Straights moment and builds a little more mental strength. Hard to believe he's only won once on tour.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  7. #67
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Heard some dumb US Open talk after the final on ESPN radio (one of the dumb weekend shows like Grimly & Schoz or whatever). One of the hosts was railing on the difficulty of the course, pointing out how many of the best golfers didn't even make the cut. His examples:

    Tiger
    Phil (uh, Phil did make the cut)
    Ernie Els
    Bubba Watson
    Danny Willet

    He didn't even mention any of the golfers that are actually good and relevant that missed the cut, like Rory, Jason Day, Spieth, Jon Rahm, Kuchar, Sergio, etc.
    So much dumb talk. Just listened to a Jason Soebel interview and he was disgusted with Phil. Said he should have been DQ'd and that the penalty didn't fit the crime. Give me a break.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    So much dumb talk. Just listened to a Jason Soebel interview and he was disgusted with Phil. Said he should have been DQ'd and that the penalty didn't fit the crime. Give me a break.
    lol he took a ten I think the punishment was fine. If he was really trying to exploit the rules he could have taken an unplayable at his discretion with only one stroke and could elect to play the ball from its previous position.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  9. #69
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    lol he took a ten I think the punishment was fine. If he was really trying to exploit the rules he could have taken an unplayable at his discretion with only one stroke and could elect to play the ball from its previous position.
    He was arguing rule 1-2 should have superseded 14-5. Especially since Phil admitted that he did it on purpose.

    I personally enjoyed the meltdown and Phil's to the USGA. That was a terrible tournament. Terrible course. Terrible gallery. Terrible coverage.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  10. #70
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,087

    Default

    Did anyone hear the "inappropriate crowd chatter" that the mics picked up on Friday, I think it was?

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-2018-12736216

    Link to video (NSFW): https://streamable.com/ldn66
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  11. #71
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    I heard the Eff word... and Bitch... but I didn't hear the whole story as outlined in the news.

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  12. #72

    Default

    holy crap, katy. amazing.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  13. #73
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post


    Katy Lied is the Winner

    $3,991,125


    Total domination... she should have put money on her pre tourney picks.... she nailed the winner, 3rd place, 4th place, and 5th place.

    In many years of doing this, not even DH has done such a good job of picking a team...

    Her reward is picking the format for the British Open... Knowing her I'm sure she'll come up with a proper format.
    Ahem. 2014 PGA I picked 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Still lost because of the dumb format.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  14. #74
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Ahem. 2014 PGA I picked 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Still lost because of the dumb format.
    Sorry... here's a song to salve the wound. Hopefully you can learn to love again.


    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  15. #75
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,581

    Default

    I'm not much of a golfer, as you all may have already surmised. What rule did Phil break that was so egregious? Was his second putt out of turn? Not seeing the big deal.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  16. #76
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I'm not much of a golfer, as you all may have already surmised. What rule did Phil break that was so egregious? Was his second putt out of turn? Not seeing the big deal.
    He hit his putt before the ball came to rest. It was likely going to roll off the green.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  17. #77
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Yeah... you're not supposed to hit a moving ball... and in the context of the US Open, and a five time major champion as the bad actor, it's conduct unbecoming to a gentleman.

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


  18. #78
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He hit his putt before the ball came to rest. It was likely going to roll off the green.
    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Yeah... you're not supposed to hit a moving ball... and in the context of the US Open, and a five time major champion as the bad actor, it's conduct unbecoming to a gentleman.
    Got it. I thought it had stopped.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  19. #79
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    8,497

    Default

    Thanks, I just picked all the long hitters, and Patrick Reed to balance.


  20. #80
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Thanks, I just picked all the long hitters, and Patrick Reed to balance.


    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •