2018 US Open - Game and Talk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Perhaps an overreaction after Koepka made the U.S. Open look like the Barbasol Championship last year.
    When the best in the world are signing +7 cards I think that's a fair assumption.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I like a hard U.S. Open, it sets it apart from every other Quad Cities Open on the calendar. The Masters is good entertainment because guys can make a run at the leader on that course but at the U. S. Open I like watching the leaders just try and hang on. Last year watching Koepka tear through that course was a little boring.

Friday early afternoon and I think this tournament is already decided.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        I like a hard U.S. Open, it sets it apart from every other Quad Cities Open on the calendar. The Masters is good entertainment because guys can make a run at the leader on that course but at the U. S. Open I like watching the leaders just try and hang on. Last year watching Koepka tear through that course was a little boring.

Friday early afternoon and I think this tournament is already decided.
        DJ hasn't been great at holding leads in the past. He did it last week in Memphis, but that's not the same kind of pressure he'll face this weekend. Plenty of guys have shown that you can triple bogey any random hole on this course.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Rory +13 (total) through 13 holes today. Brutal.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Fox's golf coverage is so awful. I like Azinger, but everything else is so bargain basement.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Fox's golf coverage is so awful. I like Azinger, but everything else is so bargain basement.
              Agreed. I can't wait until I'm watching at home tomorrow and the sound will be as if it was coming through a tin can. And then there's the "FOX echo" that they get every time.

Comment

Cut line moving to +8. Spieth needs a birdie in one of the last 3 holes to make it.
                Last edited by falafel; 06-15-2018, 02:46 PM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  DJ hasn't been great at holding leads in the past. He did it last week in Memphis, but that's not the same kind of pressure he'll face this weekend. Plenty of guys have shown that you can triple bogey any random hole on this course.
                  Ian Poulter with a triple on 17 and bogey on 18 to prove my point. Was one stroke back of DJ on 17, now 5 strokes back at +1.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Although this course is hard as hell, we've seen some straight dumb mistakes from players. Poulter's skulled sand shot + bad pitch + bad chip. Spieth's chunked chip on 18 leads to bogey on 18 and a missed cut.

And of course, Tiger's triple on the first hole. Bad approach + bad chip + bad putt.

Then the mocking from Wendy's.

Last edited by falafel; 06-15-2018, 04:35 PM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Here's the halfway leader board.

http://www.espn.com/golf/leaderboard

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

The wheels have come off of Phil... sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOcyWiIG9Ow
                        Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-16-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          The wheels have come off of Phil... sad.
                          Sportswriters on Twitter are calling it a disgrace...slight overreaction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

2018 US Open - Game and Talk.

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                            No kidding. In his post-round interview with Curtis Strange, CS basically implies that Phil has greatly disrespected the game and asks him if there is anything he wants to say to his golf admirers:

”What do you say to those people who love and admire you? Do you regret what you’ve done?”

Lol. Oh brother. Now Joe Buck can’t stop talking about it. I feel disrespected as a golf fan having to experience this US Open through this garbage Fox Sports lens.
                            Last edited by Donuthole; 06-16-2018, 01:08 PM.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              I think it's pretty bad. Especially for one of the game's ambassadors at arguably the biggest tournament of the year.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's more embarrassing than a disrespect to the game. When we're done mentally with a round... I imagine most golfers have "disrespected" the game at some point by picking up a ball without the final putt going in the hole, hitting it back towards the hole before it stops, or hitting the ball off the green with an angry swipe. It happens. It's unfortunate a great ambassador of golf got caught on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X