No announcement yet.

2018 US Open - Game and Talk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My golf buddy Bob is there.. and we've been texting. From the spectators standpoint he was not aware that the course has become unplayable and wasn't aware of the Phil situation.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Zach Johnson, possibly the most earnest, genuine guy on the tour says the course is lost. So what does FOX do?

They bring in the former director of the USGA to say “no it’s not, because it’s not as bad as 2004.” And that’s the extent of the analysis from him on that point. He then goes on to spend a full minute discussing how he would have disqualified Phil for what he did.

Did I mention this guy was the director of the USGA in 2004? You know, when the US Open was last played at Shinnecock, and is widely regarded as the worst US Open in the last 50 years because of how they maintained the course?
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

What is more brutal? Th course, the coverage, or the gallery?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          What is more brutal? Th course, the coverage, or the gallery?
          The four guys following DJ... and yelling into the mics on purpose... they should kick them out.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Zach Johnson, possibly the most earnest, genuine guy on the tour says the course is lost. So what does FOX do?

They bring in the former director of the USGA to say “no it’s not, because it’s not as bad as 2004.” And that’s the extent of the analysis from him on that point. He then goes on to spend a full minute discussing how he would have disqualified Phil for what he did.

Did I mention this guy was the director of the USGA in 2004? You know, when the US Open was last played at Shinnecock, and is widely regarded as the worst US Open in the last 50 years because of how they maintained the course?
          I thought the same thing... Fox is still terrible... but at least they got rid of Greg Norman.... could you imagine listening to him today?
          Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-16-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

No kidding. In his post-round interview with Curtis Strange, CS basically implies that Phil has greatly disrespected the game and asks him if there is anything he wants to say to his golf admirers:

”What do you say to those people who love and admire you? Do you regret what you’ve done?”

Lol. Oh brother. Now Joe Buck can’t stop talking about it. I feel disrespected as a golf fan having to experience this US Open through this garbage Fox Sports lens.
            So much this. I feel more disrespected by the fox coverage than Phil losing his composure and taking a two stroke penalty. It is hilarious though that he was so frustrated with the bullshit pin placements and greens that he did something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Mike Davis: I'm basically perfect but a little bit of wind turned the course I to a disaster.

How about not making every US Open about yourself.

Comment

No kidding. In his post-round interview with Curtis Strange, CS basically implies that Phil has greatly disrespected the game and asks him if there is anything he wants to say to his golf admirers:

”What do you say to those people who love and admire you? Do you regret what you’ve done?”

Lol. Oh brother. Now Joe Buck can’t stop talking about it. I feel disrespected as a golf fan having to experience this US Open through this garbage Fox Sports lens.
                Joe Buck with a sanctimonious overreaction?

Did anyone ask him if this was more egregious than Randy Moss pretending to drop his pants and moon the fans, which Joe felt the need to spend the rest of the game condemning?

Comment

2018 US Open - Game and Talk.

Whatever happened to FOX being the no spin zone?

JT: The wind dried the course out and made it really hard. They probably should have moved the pins a couple paces more towards the middle, but maybe the USGA didn’t realize the wind was going to make the course nearly unplayable. I’m surprised I shot 4 over and I’m still in this thing.

Joe Buck: I loved that interview. I liked hearing JT talk about how the course was fair and I love how he wasn’t complaining about it.
                  Last edited by Donuthole; 06-16-2018, 07:30 PM.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Whatever happened to FOX being the no spin zone?

JT: The wind dried the course out and made it really hard. They probably should have moved the pins a couple paces more towards the middle, but maybe the USGA didn’t realize the wind was going to make the course nearly unplayable. I’m surprised I shot 4 over and I’m still in this thing.

Joe Buck: I loved that interview. I liked hearing JT talk about how the course was fair and I love how he wasn’t complaining about it.
                    I laughed out loud when I heard him say that, and wondered who hand their hand up his butt manipulating his mouth. Guy is a joke...

Comment

The fifth interview in a row mentions the ridiculous greens:

Brooks Koepka: The greens are borderline unplayable. Hopefully they water them a bunch tonight so we can play some golf tomorrow.

Joe Buck:

(FYI, we call that an adoptive admission in the legal world, Joe, and it’s 100% admissible evidence.)

Comment

This tweet made me laugh:

https://twitter.com/practicalgolf/st...26179533049856

Comment

Finau and Berger barely made the cut, and now are in the top 2. That is how bad the winds are: tee off early and the course almost plays normally. I am cheering for Finau, but he will probably do terrible after a late tee.

I predict one of these early tee timers to do very well: Phil, Ricki, Hideki, Jason.

Am thrilled that the fireman made the cut.

Comment

I need more Paul Azinger in my golf coverage. He has some great phrases.

Chamber of Conference weather.
                            There's not a cat in the country that could lick that beard.
                            You could build a super Walmart between those two shots.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ha.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Ha.
                                LOL.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X