Thread: Asked to do pa for local Hs football

Default Asked to do pa for local Hs football

I helped coach before, I guess long time pa announcer stepping down. Would not mind doing that, or doing internet broadcast if school got some kind of cube on there to broadcast games. Would be on sideline for road games if I help coaches. Would n mind dong it for basketball too pa announcer whole game. Donlt know h I would do that for volleyball. We are only school in Lincoln County with varsity football this year. Town south of ice caves with frosty isle more football players and no one going out for football borderline 2a, town of stinky cheese factory jv too this year. We had some defectors come to school this way, including descendents of people that started cheesed factory, they moved to another tiger town south of here, got int ad bit of trouble day before we played his home town. Football season shod be good this year.

You should totally do this! What fun!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I agree you should do it, grape. Sorry to quote myself here, but I posted the following eight years ago about my stint as the announcer at Castro Valley High in the late '60s (the school's coaches took pity on me after I washed out of the B-Ball program):

At the end of the 60's, cross-town rivals Hayward High and Castro Valley High decided to use student announcers for the first time at their basketball games. The announcers that were selected brought wit, excitement and their mellifluous baritone voices to their respective arenas and the experiment was regarded as a big success.

Yesterday, Hayward's announcer, Jon Miller, joined Red Barber, Mel Allen, Vin Scully, Harry Caray and others in receiving the Baseball Hall of Fame Ford Frick Award, the highest honor to be bestowed on baseball announcers; Castro Valley's announcer spent the day revising stock purchase agreements...
    As DU Ute advised at the time, one should follow one's dreams...

Do it but make sure you take care of yourself first. #1 $x/game #2 Your own bus seat on away games or state rates for mileage reimbursement #3 royalties from any rebroadcast. Also use the chance to get some free team swag.

I walked over to practice other night and they had a social so was invited to that and missed practice. How would team feel about it. Start with some road games. Was going to play jv of Lou Dobbs alma mater but canceled. And stinky neighboring town playing jv schedule were going to play town south of American falls with church, school, probably bar a few stores and telecommuting place.

It fell through and we thought we could not play 9 games with play in. However we can,since not everyone is going to playoff. So next week revenge on Dawgs for what they did last year. Playing Swimmers neighbors tommorrow in Snake River Canyon.

Picked up game with Central Idaho miners too. They started varsity schedule again. My debit as pa announcer there. Should say brothers and sisters and refer to coaches and officials and music teacher as brother or sister. That would go over well. Internet broadcasting would be funnier than pa announcing.

Debut,d as pa announcer. Dos a couple games. Didn,t announce the gin skunk board. That is a card game and if you get shut out y get skunked. The central Idaho miners did there game, try to be enthusiastic so there fans can say first down.
    Had a few Jr. High kids and stat keepers up there. One guy volunteered to go to concessions for us and I said to get Pepsi. Came back empty handed.

Last week had several people there to bullshit with when mic was off. Homecoming against Medinas town last night we did come out on top. An Eastern Twin Falls County team with 8 or 9 kids on team will come on three weeks, school has around 100 students. They just donlt want to play football. It is 8 man football. Didn't announce officials or refer to people as brothers and soars, light to do that.

Idahosports on phone not working somehow and Internet not working on schools site, had people there to give me run down of other scores. Need to be careful not to announce scores doing major cheer. Maybe o should try for basketball too. Rare to have pa announcer for whole gems in small school ball. Some schools donlt have one for football just announce starters and play game.

That sounds fun, grapevine. I hope you're enjoying it.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky