Yanny or Laurel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanny or Laurel

I only hear Laurel at regular speed. My wife hears Yanny. My 10 year-old also hears Yanny. My 7 and 5 year-olds hear Laurel. I've tried headphones and different devices.

When it's slowed down 20% or more I hear Yanny. So do my younger two kids. My wife still can't hear Laurel when it's sped up by 40%.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 05-16-2018, 07:33 AM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Yanny. I only hear Laurel when the pitch is elevated. Ditto for my wife. My son hears Laurel unless the pitch is very low.

So weird. And cool.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Yanny. I only hear Laurel when the pitch is elevated. Ditto for my wife. My son hears Laurel unless the pitch is very low.

So weird. And cool.
      I edited my first post. My younger two kids hear Laurel
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I hear laurel. Wife hears yanny. We were both exasperated the other could not hear it the way we did. Very strange.

Comment

Is there a video or audio attached to your post?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yanny for me and my kids.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Is there a video or audio attached to your post?

https://www.popsci.com/yanny-laurel-...vidence#page-2
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Laurel for me and Yanny for the rest of my house. I haven’t been able to do anything that makes it sound like Yanny to me. It’s very clearly Laurel every time. I almost feel like the Yanny crowd is just trying to make me feel stupid.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I hear Yanny every time.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Yanny for me and my kids.
                    Wow, I just had a full reversal. Before I only heard yanny. Now I hear Laurel clear as day.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's not exactly yanny to me. I'm not hearing the "n" sound in the middle. It's more like "yeah-e".
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Laurel for me and Yanny for the rest of my house. I haven’t been able to do anything that makes it sound like Yanny to me. It’s very clearly Laurel every time. I almost feel like the Yanny crowd is just trying to make me feel stupid.
                        LOL @ CJF!

Comment

Its Laurel...duh
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Yanny for everyone in my household except one daughter. She's obviously defective.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

I hear both at the same time.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X