Sports Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Bars

I like sports bars. They're great for eating alone when I travel, but I prefer the local hangouts rather than franchises because the food is usually good and often unique. This is a pic of BYU playing Utah on the TV behind the bar at the Wyold Brewery in Powell, Wy. Gotta admit, I enjoyed the irony.

Anyway, post your favorite sports bars here, so we who travel have a reference for good eats when we're traveling alone and want to enjoy a game with dinner.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

there’s a bar for basically every pro and college team in nyc. byu needs one.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I can't decide what we needed less: a thread dedicated exclusively to sports bars, or a thread dedicated exclusively to Alexa and Siri commands. Close call.

Also, move this sports bar crap out of the Sports Bar and into the Diner, mods!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        I can't decide what we needed less: a thread dedicated exclusively to sports bars, or a thread dedicated exclusively to Alexa and Siri commands. Close call.

Most people just don’t read or participate in threads they don’t like. You seem to get a good deal of satisfaction being critical of others’ posts, so you can’t just ignore something without taking a shot at the post first. Did you get beat up on the playground a lot as a kid, or is a more recent life failure driving you to derive pleasure from criticizing people you don’t know? Regardless, I don’t care where JL wants to put this. I’m not really invested in the thread’s interest level, so if nobody wants to participate, that’s fine, too. It was interesting to me, but I’m fine if I’m the only one.
        sigpic
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Why? It's not a review of food. It';s a comment on Sports and being a fan in bars. Which is sort of the point of this forum, right?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Why? It's not a review of food. It';s a comment on Sports and being a fan in bars. Which is sort of the point of this forum, right?
            Mmmm, kind of about the food.

post your favorite sports bars here, so we who travel have a reference for good eats when we're traveling alone and want to enjoy a game with dinner.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Mmmm, kind of about the food.
              ok. Whatever. I am very glad that the board threads will be organized.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I don’t care what the haters say but I love Chili’s. Their chips are always good and I like many of their appetizers and entrees.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I don’t care what the haters say but I love Chili’s. Their chips are always good and I like many of their appetizers and entrees.
                  don’t sleep on chilis queso fam
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

There is one attached to the EconOLodge in Rawlins, WY that i have watched a couple games at while staying over on my way to other parts of Wyoming. Wasn't too bad.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      Did you get beat up on the playground a lot as a kid, or is a more recent life failure driving you to derive pleasure from criticizing people you don’t know?
                      This is a false dichotomy.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        If we're talking chains, it's hard to beat Buffalo Wild Wings. Big televisions and lots of them. I'll not mention the communist menu, since we can't talk about food until this thread is moved to the Diner, but I like the screen access at BWW. One thing I try to avoid at a sports bar for me is a lack of variety. I've been in some places that have several screens, but they all have to be tuned to the same channel. I understand the convenience from a management perspective, but I like places where each screen can show something different.
                        sigpic
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

B dubs is always a solid choice
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

This is a false dichotomy.
                            Perhaps, but in the interest of brevity, I chose the two life failures/shortcomings that seemed to have the highest probability of driving your need to compensate with the superiority complex in your online persona. Similarly, you could speculate about the cause of my condescending online nature, but I'll make it easy and say it comes from a deep-seated insecurity and fear of failure.
                            sigpic
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                              If we're talking chains, it's hard to beat Buffalo Wild Wings. Big televisions and lots of them. I'll not mention the communist menu, since we can't talk about food until this thread is moved to the Diner, but I like the screen access at BWW. One thing I try to avoid at a sports bar for me is a lack of variety. I've been in some places that have several screens, but they all have to be tuned to the same channel. I understand the convenience from a management perspective, but I like places where each screen can show something different.
                              The best sports bars are those in some far flung city which you discover when looking for the game. But I agree BWW is a good chain for the wide screen tvs everywhere and decent predictable food.

Chili's not so much. Why don't they have all you can eat sushi sports bars, or Persian food sports bars?
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X