Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa and Siri can hear hidden commands. You can’t

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/a...mands-you-cant

"This month, some of those Berkeley researchers published a research paper that went further, saying they could embed commands directly into recordings of music or spoken text. So while a human listener hears someone talking or an orchestra playing, Amazon’s Echo speaker might hear an instruction to add something to your shopping list."

Yeah, I don't trust computers to do much for me other than what I directly tell them to do - through a keyboard or mouse click. I absolutely hate having to give voice commands to any machine. And I don't trust cars to do stuff for me - I don't even want an automatic transmission in the car my wife doesn't drive.

Maybe it has something to do with me spending 40 years in the computer industry and studying comp.risks for so many years.

Comment

moar AI pls.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
      X