Thread: Alexa and Siri can hear hidden commands. You canít

Default Alexa and Siri can hear hidden commands. You canít

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/a...mands-you-cant

"This month, some of those Berkeley researchers published a research paper that went further, saying they could embed commands directly into recordings of music or spoken text. So while a human listener hears someone talking or an orchestra playing, Amazonís Echo speaker might hear an instruction to add something to your shopping list."

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Yeah, I don't trust computers to do much for me other than what I directly tell them to do - through a keyboard or mouse click. I absolutely hate having to give voice commands to any machine. And I don't trust cars to do stuff for me - I don't even want an automatic transmission in the car my wife doesn't drive.

Maybe it has something to do with me spending 40 years in the computer industry and studying comp.risks for so many years.

moar AI pls.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst