• Show
Clear All

• Cobra Kai

Watch it. Thank me later.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

make me
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

lol. I have been watching this. They try and try to make Johnny out to be such an ahole, but Daniel San remains the douche in every scenario. I am sure they know that and that's what makes all the role reversals work.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        lol. I have been watching this. They try and try to make Johnny out to be such an ahole, but Daniel San remains the douche in every scenario. I am sure they know that and that's what makes all the role reversals work.
        Zabka is amazing in his role.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Zabka is amazing in his role.
          Right? Where has this guy been?

The one part I do find funny about the show is the implication that both he and Daniel San have been ruminating about the events of Karate Kid for like 30 years.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

My expectations were low, but I really enjoyed season 1. Looking forward to season 2.

Comment

There were a couple of throw-backs that were over the top - "Daniel LaRusso is gonna coach? DANIEL LARUSSO IS GOING TO COACH!" - but it was a solid show. Definitely want a season 2 (which the Cobra Kai channel just announced today is coming in 2019).

If nothing else, the smirk on Johnny's face when his student executed a crane kick was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                There were a couple of throw-backs that were over the top - "Daniel LaRusso is gonna coach? DANIEL LARUSSO IS GOING TO COACH!" - but it was a solid show. Definitely want a season 2 (which the Cobra Kai channel just announced today is coming in 2019).

If nothing else, the smirk on Johnny's face when his student executed a crane kick was priceless.
                Yes. Apparently him winning that all-valley karate tournament in the 80s was as big a deal in fictional Recinas as it was worldwide to the real-life movie-viewing audience.

Comment

Recinas? Do you mean non-fictional Reseda?
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    Recinas? Do you mean non-fictional Reseda?
                    I guess I do! I am not familiar with Southern California geography, nor have I consulted the Karate Kid Wiki page. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      I guess I do! I am not familiar with Southern California geography, nor have I consulted the Karate Kid Wiki page. :/
                      no I just remember from KK1 that he was embarrassed living in Reseda instead of Encino. Weird thing to remember but having lived in the San Fernando valley I took note.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        no I just remember from KK1 that he was embarrassed living in Reseda instead of Encino. Weird thing to remember but having lived in the San Fernando valley I took note.
                        For some reason, I thought he moved to Fresno from NJ. Way off.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          For some reason, I thought he moved to Fresno from NJ. Way off.
                          I mean, there are so many shit towns in California, what's the difference?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I just finished the last episode. This show.

Spoiler for this show:
                            Kreese coming out of the shadows with a cigar like Voldemort ready to resume his place at the head of Cobra Kai is too good. Like it's some kingdom to be coveted. Teaching karate to teenagers, winning local tournaments with illegal blows to knees, elbows, and sweeping legs.

Comment

Cobra Kai

So freaking awesome!! Hit almost every nostalgic Button for me..

The first episode where Johnny is watching “Iron Eagle” was priceless!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by dabrockster; 05-14-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X