Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Season 2 was amazing. I love this show.
    Oh it's out? Hmm. I'll have to squeeze it in between all the other shows I'm bingeing.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Season 2 was very fun.
      Spoiler for S3 predictions:

They established in S1 that Ali was a pediatric surgeon. With her FB friending Johnny as he chucks his phone on the beach at the end, she's got to play a roll in Miguel's recovery in S3. They cranked up the fighting moves to 11 this season. In real life all those kids would be facing expulsion and Robby would be heading to jail. I wonder how they'll side step that. S3 will be Johnny and Daniel teaming up someway to take down Kreese.

Comment

Cobra Kai

That was straight up badass!! I was worried at first if it could live up to the hype but it far exceeded it. So good!! Damn. Johnny is one of the coolest antihero characters of all time.

Cannot wait for Season 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by dabrockster; 04-28-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I am watching this show now that it is on Netflix. So fun. Miguel’s 80s-style training montage was classic.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Do Youtube originals come with YoutubeTv? I watched it over the weekend and didn't have to subscribe but am a YoutubeTv subscriber.
            Just noticed the show available on YouTube TV last night and watched the entire first season. So much fun. Loved the throwbacks. Love Johnny's character and his perspective on how things went down back in the day.

Agree (with whoever said it) that Johnny's kid is not entirely likeable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Season 3 on Netflix is dropping on January 1st.

The Trailer looks good and it looks like we get to see some familiar characters from Karate Kid II.

Looking forward to it!

https://youtu.be/LcDQqGJG8pA

Scene with Chozen:
              https://youtu.be/92wZP_6qz8A

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Season 3 on Netflix is dropping on January 1st.

The Trailer looks good and it looks like we get to see some familiar characters from Karate Kid II.

Looking forward to it!

https://youtu.be/LcDQqGJG8pA

Scene with Chozen:
                https://youtu.be/92wZP_6qz8A

I'm 2 episodes in and to me it looks like 3 seasons was one too many.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                  I'm 2 episodes in and to me it looks like 3 seasons was one too many.
                  Nah. This season is better than the last one. Cobra Kai is basically a live-action comic book series in a good way.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Thanks to all the positive reviews in this thread, I finally got around to watching this during the month of December. I loved season 1. But I thought season 2 turned into too much teen drama. I'm only about half-way through season 2 and I kind of got bored with the show. Did anyone else just get tired of the plot lines in S2?
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      Thanks to all the positive reviews in this thread, I finally got around to watching this during the month of December. I loved season 1. But I thought season 2 turned into too much teen drama. I'm only about half-way through season 2 and I kind of got bored with the show. Did anyone else just get tired of the plot lines in S2?
                      a bit. Just like you get sick of cotton candy on the second cone you need to space out your binging between seasons on this one or its too much.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                        It is teen drama. Season 3 gets back to Johnny and Daniel-San a little more. I get a kick out of the self-awareness of the show as all the kids solve their problems with karate, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          It is teen drama. Season 3 gets back to Johnny and Daniel-San a little more. I get a kick out of the self-awareness of the show as all the kids solve their problems with karate, though.
                          Its the martial arts version of a musical but instead of song people break out into a karate fight or training montage.

Comment

I'm still wrapping up season II - but I've gotta say - I loved Johhny's 80's music video dream sequence. Ha! So awesome. I still laugh thinking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-grit4adgM

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              a bit. Just like you get sick of cotton candy on the second cone you need to space out your binging between seasons on this one or its too much.
                              I'm very annoyed with Robby's character.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                I'm still wrapping up season II - but I've gotta say - I loved Johhny's 80's music video dream sequence. Ha! So awesome. I still laugh thinking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-grit4adgM
                                Yep. It was dripping with a Whitesnake/Warrant-type vibe.

Also, the closing scene of the one episode with the zipping of the body bag? Great callback.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X